GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Readiness drive cycle (stationary) via VAGCOM?

Z27

Ready to race!
Does anyone known how to perform the readiness drive cycle using VCDS while the car is stationary following specific set of instructions (e.g. revving to a specific RPM for x seconds)?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Go into the ECU with VCDS and click on readiness. Then at the bottom of the readiness window will be a set readiness button. Click on that and go through the steps.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Did that work for you? When I tried to set readiness for some of the parameters I kept getting error messages. Only when I actually drive and did the 8 sequences that are supposed to happen white driving did all the sensors say ready. Weird?

Z27

Ready to race!
Did that work for you? When I tried to set readiness for some of the parameters I kept getting error messages. Only when I actually drive and did the 8 sequences that are supposed to happen white driving did all the sensors say ready. Weird?

you drove with vagcom connected?

Navi

Autocross Champion
No. Only in the on position. It wouldn’t set to ready so I disconnected and drove around for a week. Honestly nothing helped until I did a long highway drive. Supposedly this is what you need to do:

The VW OBD-II drive cycle is an eight-step process. An explanation of each step is provided below. Total drive cycle time is 12 minutes.

NOTE: Do not leave the key on prior to the cold start or the oxygen sensor (O2S) heater monitor may not run.

Step 1: Cold Start — The ECM determines the presence of a cold start by comparing the engine coolant temperature to the ambient air temperature during startup. The engine is considered cold when:
• Engine coolant temperature is below 122°F.
• Engine coolant and intake air temperatures are within 11°F of each other at startup. During this period, the O2S heater, misfire, AIR, fuel system, and EVAP monitors run.

Step 2: Idle 2 1/2 Minutes — Turn the air conditioning (A/C) and headlights on to help the misfire monitor—the additional electrical loads help even out combustion pulses. During this period, the O2S heater, AIR, EVAP, misfire, and possibly fuel system (if operating in closed loop) monitors run.

Step 3: Accelerate — Prior to accelerating, turn off the A/C and headlights (if you had them on during step 2). Open the throttle halfway until you reach 55 mph. During acceleration, the misfire, fuel system, and EVAP monitors run.

Step 4: Steady State Cruise 3 Minutes — During this portion of the cycle, the O2S, AIR, EGR, EVAP, misfire, and fuel system monitors run.

Step 5: Decelerate — Gradually coast down to 20 mph without applying the brakes. Also, on manual transmission vehicles, remain in high gear and do not press the clutch. During this period, the EGR, EVAP, and fuel system monitors run.

Step 6: Accelerate—Apply ¾ throttle until reaching 60 MPH. During acceleration, the misfire, fuel system, and EVAP monitors run.

Step 7: Steady State Cruise 5 Minutes — During this period, the CAT, O2S, AIR, EGR, EVAP, misfire, and fuel system monitors run.

Step 8: Decelerate — Gradually coast down to 0 mph without applying the brakes. Also, on manual transmission vehicles, remain in high gear and do not press the clutch. During this portion of the Drive Cycle, the EGR, EVAP, and fuel system monitors run.

I’m not sure if you can skip that and bypass it all with vcds. I tried and couldn’t get it to work. Then a reputable German tuning shop tried that tunes vw cars. He said just drive for a couple days. That worked.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

I haven't tried forcing readiness with VCDS for the MK7, but there are some issues where it won't work for certain cars. Diesels are the main culprit but possible it's not working for the MK7 yet, so I've started using ODIS to do it instead.

Z27

Ready to race!
I haven't tried forcing readiness with VCDS for the MK7, but there are some issues where it won't work for certain cars. Diesels are the main culprit but possible it's not working for the MK7 yet, so I've started using ODIS to do it instead.

What is ODIS?

Z27

Ready to race!