GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

how long have you stuck with vw/gti's?

trashb0y

Ready to race!
how long have you stuck with gti's or vw in general?

gti is my first car that i've even slightly modded, and i love it. maybe its just cuz i'm finally starting to have an interest in cars, but i see some people on the forums who have had every generation of the golf since mk4, be it r32/r/gti, and honestly i think i would wanna try a different car after a while...

when did you realize you were never gonna stray from this car?

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
I stuck with it for 7 years had an '08 GTI, '08 R32, '11 GTI and '15 GTI. Recently got something different but stayed in the VAG family.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
'02 GLI, '10 GTI, '15 GTI. For the price, the fit and finish + performance with light mods blows away any competition available. I'd have to up the budget to 60k+ to get a higher quality performance-oriented vehicle. Each new revision brings enhanced tech, a lighter chassis, and increased performance.

Unless I miraculously double my salary, I'm a GTI guy :)

Joel

Ready to race!
Mom had an 83 diesel rabbit when I was little.
Parents had a couple bugs before that.
First VW in the family since.
Neighbor has had a Touareg for the last 12 years without any problems.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
1.5 years.

Will stay here for a while as i dont see many options which can offer performance / comfort in this price range.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
In 35 years of driving I've owned every generation GTi except Mk IV and Mk VI. In those years I've owned one other make of car, a 1978 Ford Fiesta. It all started with a 1975 Scirocco

Agorina

Passed Driver's Ed
Been with VW my entire life. My father had them before I could drive and for the last 12 or so years that's all I've driven. Only just got into a GTI 2 years ago though.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
5 years and 4 months. Got my mk6 in April 2012 then my mk7 at October 2014.

Only cars I've owned prior to that were just out of warranty japanese cars, considering jumping the german ship as next port, as well as fwd ship, and god knows when I'm gonna dump it.

Whackamac

Ready to race!
Just traded in a '15 GTI 6mt non PP for a '17 GTI Sport. That's how good I think these cars are. Could have gotten an R if I wanted... But I race my car. A lot. And I have smoked all the R's and RS's I have met at the track so far.