GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My second GTI

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
Previously I had a 2016 Night Blue Metallic GTI SE w/DSG. Car was non PP/LP and that was primarily what bugged me. It was a great car otherwise and had served me well up to almost 30k mi. Then I took a different job which provided me a company vehicle and fuel card and the GTI no longer had to be my daily. On just a whim and browsing local dealership stock in October of 2018 I found a straggler 2017 Pure White GTI Autobahn w/DSG w/PP/LP/DCC. Came to agreeable terms and I made the swap. So a couple pics of the old one for refresher, and a couple of the new one. Not much done to the old one other than drive but I'll slowly be doing some things to this one, plus have already done a couple things. More posts and pictures to follow as I get time to sit and put it all down.

GTI #1

GTI #2 (current car)

VCDS/OBD11 tweaks done to current car include:
-increased traction mod
-starting vibration reduction turned off along with torque limiter
-driving profile switchover to instantaneous
-traction control button mapped to Normal/Sport ESC/Off
-removed NAR lighting restrictions
-center instrument display background changed to cf pattern
-coming home/leaving home lights changed to fogs
-changed plate lights to LED type

Mods done so far:
-US Millworks detachable front license plate kit
-OEM LED plate lights
-COBB cat back exhaust
-Audi jack pads
-BFI Stage 1 dogbone Mount insert

Last edited:

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
COBB Catback exhaust

I realize that this wasn’t much of any performance gain to be had especially being stock to stage 1 here in a few weeks. But the few sound clips I had heard were good and figured what the hell I’ll give it a try. There’s a couple vids of unboxing to follow and we also took cold start comparisons that I’ll be posting/linking to. But here’s a few pics.

EDIT: Here's a link to compare the startup of a all stock GTI and mine, which was stock other than the COBB CBE. https://youtu.be/f6n2B5uH5Tc

Last edited:

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
Neuspeed RSe10 “machined” 18x8.5 45 wrapped in 235/40ZR18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Ohhhh yeah.

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
How do you like the Cobb CBE now that you've had it for a few weeks?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Love it so far. Only got about 230ish miles on it so I’m sure it’ll “break in” a bit more. No drone but I mean I am still on stock downpipe for now. I have some more vids of the parts unpacked and of first start I need to post up. Then once it’s got some more miles on it I plan on getting some high quality flybys with some decent recording gear.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Love it so far. Only got about 230ish miles on it so I’m sure it’ll “break in” a bit more. No drone but I mean I am still on stock downpipe for now. I have some more vids of the parts unpacked and of first start I need to post up. Then once it’s got some more miles on it I plan on getting some high quality flybys with some decent recording gear.
I'm curious to know how much different from stock it is after full break in. I've listened to what i feel like is hundreds of exhaust videos and still can't figure out which one is right for me lol thanks for the reply

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
This week I did a thing. EQT base Stage 1 93 with his DSG tune as well. Accessport arrived with the ECU tune on it, had to email in my software code for the DSG tune though and waiting on it. Initial review using Cobb DSG tune is [emoji57][emoji16]. More to come once I have the matching DSG tune and more miles on it.

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
Also finally got unlazy and coated (C.Quartz DLUX) those new wheels. Tomorrow I’ll be cleaning up the car, installing some OEM flaps, and swapping the new wheels on.

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
Today’s adventures. Cleaned the car up some, installed the OEM mud flaps, and the wheels finally. Also weighed the stock Austin+Bridgestone All Seasons that came on the car versus the Neuspeed RSE10+235/40 Michelin PS4S.

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
So 1 day in on the new wheels and rubber.... All I can say is any of you on the fence about changing wheels and tires. JUST DO IT. As long as you don’t cheap out entirely and stick to discussed known good product... YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS.

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
Update today to add the quick clip of exhaust comparison stock vs COBB CBE on my car. Both cars had a stock downpipe. Had zero issues so far out of my EQT Stage 1 93 octane base tune, along with V1.11 DSG tune. I need to see if there is any major changes between this and the V2.0 I saw Ed announce a few days ago. The car has really transformed with these changes!