GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Yeah I'm going to get the tcu, know if eurodynes tcu is OK? Probably going to go with theirs since its discounted because I have their ecu tune

Oh yeah! Eurodyne's should be pretty good. ED is a tried-and-true tune at this point on this platform.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Cool. Do you think it's possible that I may not be getting the max torque and HP from the stage 1.5 tune since I don't have the tcu tune yet?

If the DSG clutches aren't slipping you will get full power. It's just very difficult to tell if the clutches are slipping because the ECU will cut power to prevent it.

Wildfyre116

I just got my first VW, and it also happens to be my first diesel (2015 golf SportWagen tdi 6sp).

I've driven diesel trucks at work before, but always with an automatic transmission. With the golf, I am in the dark with this: 1st gear is an absolute dog 80% of the time. It feels like there's zero boost and has very little power. This seems to be the case regardless of throttle position or RPM. Everything past 1st gear is fine, and boost and power come on as expected.

I know lots of cars limit boost in 1st to maintain traction, but what exactly is going on? Does VW completely neuter 1st in a TDI? Is this normal for a diesel? Or is this something else?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
I haven't been on my eurodyne software in probably around 9 months. I'm on the stage 1.5 91oct HT file. Have they did any updates to the software since then that I could benefit from, should I reflash?

2017MK7S

Sooo. I searched around for a while with no luck. Do any of you know if there is a thread that provides all of the bolt torque specs for the MK7 GTI? I am specifically looking for all of the Subframe bolts and everything from the inner axle boot out.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Anyone else feel REALLY weird dropping their car off at a dealership? I always want to do things myself or have my trusted indie shop do things........

10k mile service just cause it's under warranty and under VWCare....

I walked away and looked back at her and literally thought I hope she's going to be okay.

2017MK7S

Yeah, not so much the dealer as any mechanic whatsoever! I am currently dealing with the result of not replacing my own clutch. The "mechanic" destroyed one of my axles (tore a boot and replaced it, now its making a grinding noise), failed to torque (finger tight) my subframe bolts, ruined the transmission mount and ruined my alignment. This is why I typically do my own work... But im sure you will be fine. :)

Anyone else feel REALLY weird dropping their car off at a dealership? I always want to do things myself or have my trusted indie shop do things........

10k mile service just cause it's under warranty and under VWCare....

I walked away and looked back at her and literally thought I hope she's going to be okay.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Yeah, not so much the dealer as any mechanic whatsoever! I am currently dealing with the result of not replacing my own clutch. The "mechanic" destroyed one of my axles (tore a boot and replaced it, now its making a grinding noise), failed to torque (finger tight) my subframe bolts, ruined the transmission mount and ruined my alignment. This is why I typically do my own work... But im sure you will be fine. :)

My tire shop took my car on a few more test drives than I would have liked while they were doing the alignment. I was there the whole time, didn't hear any high RPM's or pulls or anything, and it was an older guy just taking it around the block but it still made me uncomfortable

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^ yeah......ensured I explained I had wheel studs, the lug key was in cupholder....etc, etc. I HATE giving up control of my car.