GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Golf 1.8T with IS20 + GTI HPFP Dyno

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Make some harness extensions ....

I was doing some research on making a harness as I'm most likely going to pull the trigger on this tune and HPFP, and unfortunately can't find the mating connector for the harness..

If anyone else wants to take a stab at it the harness connector part number is 4D0-971-992. Just need to find a separate connector like the one attached to the HPFP..

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I was doing some research on making a harness as I'm most likely going to pull the trigger on this tune and HPFP, and unfortunately can't find the mating connector for the harness..

If anyone else wants to take a stab at it the harness connector part number is 4D0-971-992. Just need to find a separate connector like the one attached to the HPFP..
I was thinking about the same thing when in the shower this morning. It's gonna be tough cuz the other end isn't actually a wire connector. Maybe someone really good at 3d printing could make something. I haven't seen the cable but I assume one could just cut it and splice in some wire and shrink tube/tape it.

k0mpresd1

Passed Driver's Ed
i simply cut, soldered, extended. took 5 minutes + some wire and heatshrink.

Attachments

• IMG_9466.jpg
    IMG_9466.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 364

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Can you speak about why changing the pump resulted in 18 WHP jump when you're only running 20 PSI of boost?

the car gained ~18whp from changing to the gti pump from the factory 1.8t pump.

the software MUST be written for the gti pump or it will cause issues.

no kit needed really. buy used gti parts, bolt them on. thats all it takes for the hardware. you must also extend the harness as the VCV plug faces the opposite direction.

k0mpresd1

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you speak about why changing the pump resulted in 18 WHP jump when you're only running 20 PSI of boost?

it was ~16-18whp from memory and no, i can not really comment. i was as surprised as everyone else. nothing logged before was out of the ordinary and nothing logged after was out of the ordinary.

i have all dyno graphs for this car from stage 2 > until now and all points in between.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
So you wired up the GTI pump, put in a map to allow the pump to work but didn't make any other changes, and it picked up 16-18 WHP? Does the log show the car using more timing?

Regardless, getting this pump working on the 1.8s will open up more possibilities for us.

it was ~16-18whp from memory and no, i can not really comment. i was as surprised as everyone else. nothing logged before was out of the ordinary and nothing logged after was out of the ordinary.

i have all dyno graphs for this car from stage 2 > until now and all points in between.

k0mpresd1

Passed Driver's Ed
So you wired up the GTI pump, put in a map to allow the pump to work but didn't make any other changes, and it picked up 16-18 WHP? Does the log show the car using more timing?

Regardless, getting this pump working on the 1.8s will open up more possibilities for us.

that is about the long and short of it. at that point i just went on with working on fully adapting the pump control. the two types of pumps are controlled in the software by two very different strategies.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Obvious answer, I'm sure, but is it safe to assume that the file that uses the stock HPFP produces 280~at the wheels?

Ironshade

Go Kart Newbie
Pretty solid. i made 288/357on is20 with jb4 and downpipe only.
At 20psi i don't see you running into a fuel issue at all with is20 so Idk how a diff pump will help but when doing Hpfp only time people have seen issues is on super cold starts. Hasn’t been cold at all lately to get this tested?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

I've seen others make similar claims about this swap. Could it be from the higher rail pressure and better atomization alone?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Junkboy

Pretty solid. i made 288/357on is20 with jb4 and downpipe only.
At 20psi i don't see you running into a fuel issue at all with is20 so Idk how a diff pump will help but when doing Hpfp only time people have seen issues is on super cold starts. Hasn’t been cold at all lately to get this tested?

I'm running e58 blend without sensor flux fuel. At e70, the car is really sluggish but I have a set of gti injectors. We will see in the coming weeks.