GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev9 Exhaust

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I am really liking the idea of this Rev9 setup. Just to be clear, you got the model with the 2 smaller mufflers out back? If you have the proper resonator I don't imagine there will be much drone to worry about, but we will see! Take plenty of pics and videos :D

Zer0DazE

Ready to race!
Couldn’t find the App.
Do you have a direct link?

Thanks man!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spe...ime-sound-frequency-analyzer/id490078884?mt=8

It would be great to see people using this and posting results in the exhaust thread.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18891
It would give people a better idea of how loud the exhaust is inside the car, and at what frequency/tone.

I am really liking the idea of this Rev9 setup. Just to be clear, you got the model with the 2 smaller mufflers out back? If you have the proper resonator I don't imagine there will be much drone to worry about, but we will see! Take plenty of pics and videos :D

If those mufflers actually have packing in them, then yes. If they are just hollow cans, then they might make a very ugly noise. I have my fingers crossed for him, and hope it's a win.

Last edited:

Travis9935

Ready to race!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spe...ime-sound-frequency-analyzer/id490078884?mt=8

It would be great to see people using this and posting results in the exhaust thread.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18891
It would give people a better idea of how loud the exhaust is inside the car, and at what frequency/tone.

If those mufflers actually have packing in them, then yes. If they are just hollow cans, then they might make a very ugly noise. I have my fingers crossed for him, and hope it's a win.
Or have it be like my CNT catback I had on my 2015 Genesis coupe 3.8, have all the fiberglass packing blow out 400 miles in. Omg that was thee sexiest sounding V6 exhaust note I've ever heard. Even the 350/370 guys were drooling! Lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
My Rev9 CB-068 Cat back arrived yesterday via UPS from California :)

Travis9935

Ready to race!
15% off everything coupon on eBay: PICKSOON
So anyone could pick this up today for ~$300 shipped.
Actually 285.. The seller accepts 335. I'm waiting to hear it first and see how loud it is and if there's any drone. There's %'s off all the time.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Fek yeah. Eddie Ebayer’s round here! Looks nice actually.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Hopefully none of the hangers got tweaked during shipping. Looking forward to the install pics and video of it running. We are all holding our breath :D

Zer0DazE

Ready to race!
My Rev9 CB-068 Cat back arrived yesterday via UPS from California :)

Grab your phone record a finger flick test on those mufflers. Are they hollow or packed? If they are hollow you may be in for a disappointment, on the other hand, if they are packed you may have found a decent catback for a very reasonable price.

Edit:
It also looks like that first resonator can be easily be swapped out for a larger Vibrant unit if the hotdog doesn't do it's job.

Last edited:

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Grab your phone record a finger flick test on those mufflers. Are they hollow or packed? If they are hollow you may be in for a disappointment, on the other hand, if they are packed you may have found a decent catback for a very reasonable price.

Edit:
It also looks like that first resonator can be easily be swapped out for a larger Vibrant unit if the hotdog doesn't do it's job.

The mufflers are filled. I think it is a perforated pipe straight going trough these mufflers. I do have a endoscope inspection camera, I will take look inside there.

Overall I’m pretty impressed with the build quality and fitment of this exhaust. The whole exhaust is completely polished, the welds and fit and finish are looking very good for this price!

Nothing was bend or damaged during shipment. The packaging was somewhat Chinese standard, stabilized with some cardboard tubing. The only thing were missing was the rubber isolator hanger which I got from my local auto parts store for $5.

I think my MAP DP is a little longer then the stock DP. I had to cut off ~33mm of the adapter from OE exhaust size to 3”. That wasn’t a big deal for me because I do not have the OEM DP.
There was enough meat and overlap left to chop some material off which made the exhaust hangers line up parallel then. The clamps are okay and the joints did all seal well. Actually a pretty tight fit right out of the box.
At most parts of the exhaust a magnet wouldn’t stick. In some spots it feels like to stick just barely but it will fall off.

Coming to the sound now.
It’s definitely an exhaust you can hear. Cold start and idling is nice. But not crazy loud. Some bassy sounding exhaust.
I do have some drone around 2800-3000rpm. I thought that already when purchasing it. Maybe I will replace the Hot Dog resonator with the 17950 vibrant.

I still have to record some sound clips / videos when I get more time.

Can someone give me the overall length of the 17950 vibrant resonator and what is the ID diameter of it?
Maybe I could slip it over the 3” pipe?

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Glad to hear this exhaust is looking like a solid option for the budget-minded. Jake works with that res regularly so he will know the information about it. Curious, how does this system compare in sound to having a DP with stock catback? I am also interested if it would be significantly louder having a catless downpipe... I don't want it to be blaring loud just cruising.