GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

jaboom

Passed Driver's Ed
Please advise, I have this deal on the table:

2018 S DSG
MSRP 28,800
Price: $23,240
- $10,000 trade in (2012 Camry that I can sell for 12k maybe)
= $13,240
+ $1,260 TTL
= $14,500 OOD at 2.9% financing.

Would you do it or no?
I think its a good deal on the price.
Is it worth trying to sell my Camry on my own then put 12k down or do I not waste my time for few K.

Have you already factored in the $500 partner program discount? If not you can join the SCCA for like $90 and get it.

Have you taken your Camry to CarMax to get an appraisal?

DuckaDiesel

Have you already factored in the $500 partner program discount? If not you can join the SCCA for like $90 and get it.

Have you taken your Camry to CarMax to get an appraisal?

Camry is 10,500 trade in value and 12k average private sale kbb.
I was actually thinking about going to Carmax but doubt they ll do more than 10k.
May still try tomorrow.
I just would hate trying to sell it on my own to get another 1-2k.
No partner program, they told me I have to be a member for 30 days in order for them to honor it.

jaboom

Passed Driver's Ed
CarMax appraised my car at above trade-in. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered you 11k.

Regarding the SCCA, I didn't have any issues...literally signed up on my phone while I was at the dealer. They didn't even ask for my membership number, though.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Duck, idk where you live but in CT trade in value is deducted before they figure sales tax. for me that made my trade worth approx $1000 more than if I had sold it myself. sounds like a decent deal to me....try for an additional key

Mud

DuckaDiesel

Duck, idk where you live but in CT trade in value is deducted before they figure sales tax. for me that made my trade worth approx $1000 more than if I had sold it myself. sounds like a decent deal to me....try for an additional key

Mud

Hey,

I am in SC so tax is capped at $500.

Thanks!

Cjburn

Passed Driver's Ed
2018 GTi Se 6mt 32330 msrp Purchase price 27330 only 199 doc fee plus title and license, minus the trade equity equalled the 24.7k otd. 5k off sticker without too much hassle, most negotiations on trade. No tax paid because trade value is larger than car purchase price so no tax on the transaction. Elgin Vw, pretty good experience, cant complain.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
I bought a used Pure White 2017 DSG Autobahn GTI for $25,500 over the weekend from a private seller. MSRP brand new was over $36K. 11,350k miles on the odometer. Came with 5 BBS CH-R 18x8.5 wheels (4 on car, 1 spare) wrapped in Michelin Super Sports and the stock wheels are wrapped in Blizzaks. Car is pristine, if you told me it was brand new, I'd believe you. I put $10.5K down and financed the other $15K through Navy Federal Credit Union at 2.89% interest for 3 years. I should have it paid off in less than a year though. Taxes were around $1,750 when I registered the car and inspection was $84.

stockgolfr

Passed Driver's Ed
2018 Golf R 6 Speed Onyx White. MSRP 41,055, Options (Paint Protection from dealer, $2,000) Final Sticker 43,055. Went in planning on a GTI SE and walked out with an R.

Final selling Price - $35,998
Lease Deal - $431 a month, $2000 total out of pocket
10K miles a year
MF - .00250
Residual - I believe 66%
Buyout - 24,3xx

Couldn't pass the deal up - 15% off MSRP on an R is basically unheard of in NY.
Lots of back and forth to get them to agree on a price, kept coming back to me with wacky #s.
Offer started at $600 plus a month to lease...
Finance offer was 643 and change on 72 month with 5.9% APR - no thanks.
Happy leasing for now with the option to buy out in the end.
I could've secured my own loan at ~1.9%, but then VW would raise the price to 38K.

All in all i'm very happy with the car and the deal, and will most prob buy out at the end, even if just to sell.

Last edited: