GOLFMKV

Here we go lol

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
Idea : want to put digital cockpit in my 2019 autobahn

Issue : I think it’s plug and play and some long coding for the
dash gauges only no additional equipment required .. correct?

Question : best place to get everything I need ... [emoji2371]

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
I thought the autobahn came with the digital dash?? When I got my rabbit back in March I test drove a nBm autobahn and it had the digital dash

This one don’t

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Check German ebay for the unit itself. If you have nav, you'll need to do the wire extension thing to allow the cluster to work with the nav system. Dealer/third party will have to reprogram the keys/immo defeat and mileage etc.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
Check German ebay for the unit itself. If you have nav, you'll need to do the wire extension thing to allow the cluster to work with the nav system. Dealer/third party will have to reprogram the keys/immo defeat and mileage etc.

Nice thanks

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Just search the forum for AID retrofit, there are threads, it has been done. I've done it on my 2015 TDI. If you want the mileage to be correct you need a new unit. After 60ish miles see odometer can no longer be changed. I know from experience, I bought new but my dealer did not set the mileage and I didn't catch it until the first time I went to the gas station (as with the regular cluster, the cruise control graphic covers the odometer).

You'll find the part number in the retrofit threads. when I bought from vwpartsvortex (I believe they are service center in New Jersey) about 8 months ago it was a little under $900 shipped. Might be cheaper now but search the part number and buy from wherever is cheapest, dealers will randomly have a different percentage off. Threads will also tell you the MOST (fiber optic) cable you need to connect if you want navigation up there. What you require will differ based on whether you have Fender/Dynaudio.

The info on this forum is all available but spread out between a few threads. There's a thread on tdiclub in the mk7 section that put the basic information together in the first post... Nothing different between the gassers and diesels as far as digital dash is concerned.

Link to that thread, note that you already have MIB 2 in your 2019, also quick googling I found a new unit for $850 shipped... http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=497913

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
Just search the forum for AID retrofit, there are threads, it has been done. I've done it on my 2015 TDI. If you want the mileage to be correct you need a new unit. After 60ish miles see odometer can no longer be changed. I know from experience, I bought new but my dealer did not set the mileage and I didn't catch it until the first time I went to the gas station (as with the regular cluster, the cruise control graphic covers the odometer).

You'll find the part number in the retrofit threads. when I bought from vwpartsvortex (I believe they are service center in New Jersey) about 8 months ago it was a little under $900 shipped. Might be cheaper now but search the part number and buy from wherever is cheapest, dealers will randomly have a different percentage off. Threads will also tell you the MOST (fiber optic) cable you need to connect if you want navigation up there. What you require will differ based on whether you have Fender/Dynaudio.

The info on this forum is all available but spread out between a few threads. There's a thread on tdiclub in the mk7 section that put the basic information together in the first post... Nothing different between the gassers and diesels as far as digital dash is concerned.

Link to that thread, note that you already have MIB 2 in your 2019, also quick googling I found a new unit for $850 shipped... http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=497913

Hey awesome man thanks for the info I’ve Been looking here and there for threads but I just didn’t get too deep into it because originally I was looking for a replacement on my rabbit edition, found out it’s just way to much work,

So I’ve read that if you bring everything to the dealer they would do it for you ? I assume this is based off dealer to dealer

I’m also working with the fender audio system and yes I want nag over in that screen

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
If the "convenience" of ordering your parts from 1 place instead of 2 is worth roughly $300 then ordering these parts from Eurozone make sense. For some things I'm willing to pay for convenience but I wouldn't pay in this case. You don't really get anything in the way of support for items that have component protection. As stated on the Eurozone product page items with component protection removed cannot be returned.

Since you have Fender you will need the splitter, just like the OP in the linked thread. The dealer will almost certainly say they aren't sure if they can do it but tell them it's the exact same process as replacing a standard cluster... ODIS will do most of the coding, they will pair the keys and be sure they set your mileage. My car has about 30,000 on it, my AID says 2,400 [emoji2959][emoji34]. One of these weeks I'll work a little overtime and buy another cluster because the incorrect odometer eats at me every time I drive.

Best thing to do, in my opinion... remove all required dash trim yourself then unsecure but don't disconnect your gauge cluster. Show up at the dealer with your digital dash in hand, have them do the physical replacement immobilizer/pairing/coding, leaving your digital dash connected but not secured. Drive home and re-secure all your trim. Doing it this way means you don't pay dealer labor rate for simple trim removal. But if you don't want to remove trim yourself for concern of breaking clips and the like I'm sure the dealer would do it all for you, you just have to pay that labor.

You can connect the fiber optic cable when you get home as well, the dealer isn't going to do the required coding for navigation and the fiber optic cable doesn't have to be connected for any function other than navigation.

Shameless advertisement... anybody have a car with roughly 2,500 miles on it and want to retrofit the AID? I'll give you a screaming deal on mine. I will drive it to the mileage you require and then remove the dash and ship it to you, haha. Have it installed, keys paired and immobilizer coded and you'll be good to go, plus I already tested it for you so you can be sure it works [emoji23].

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
If the "convenience" of ordering your parts from 1 place instead of 2 is worth roughly $300 then ordering these parts from Eurozone make sense. For some things I'm willing to pay for convenience but I wouldn't pay in this case. You don't really get anything in the way of support for items that have component protection. As stated on the Eurozone product page items with component protection removed cannot be returned.

Since you have Fender you will need the splitter, just like the OP in the linked thread. The dealer will almost certainly say they aren't sure if they can do it but tell them it's the exact same process as replacing a standard cluster... ODIS will do most of the coding, they will pair the keys and be sure they set your mileage. My car has about 30,000 on it, my AID says 2,400 [emoji2959][emoji34]. One of these weeks I'll work a little overtime and buy another cluster because the incorrect odometer eats at me every time I drive.

Best thing to do, in my opinion... remove all required dash trim yourself then unsecure but don't disconnect your gauge cluster. Show up at the dealer with your digital dash in hand, have them do the physical replacement immobilizer/pairing/coding, leaving your digital dash connected but not secured. Drive home and re-secure all your trim. Doing it this way means you don't pay dealer labor rate for simple trim removal. But if you don't want to remove trim yourself for concern of breaking clips and the like I'm sure the dealer would do it all for you, you just have to pay that labor.

You can connect the fiber optic cable when you get home as well, the dealer isn't going to do the required coding for navigation and the fiber optic cable doesn't have to be connected for any function other than navigation.

Shameless advertisement... anybody have a car with roughly 2,500 miles on it and want to retrofit the AID? I'll give you a screaming deal on mine. I will drive it to the mileage you require and then remove the dash and ship it to you, haha. Have it installed, keys paired and immobilizer coded and you'll be good to go, plus I already tested it for you so you can be sure it works [emoji23].

My car has 6 miles on it maybe I’ll do something for ya PM me

but are they able to be transferred from car to car ?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I will shoot you a PM. But for your question, there is no issue with adapting and coding to a different vehicle. Some of the first people that did the retrofit bought used clusters because at the time a new one was about twice what it costs now. The only thing with a non-new cluster is that the odometer cannot be changed.

When I realized my dealer had not set my odometer I went back to them. They went through the complete procedure of dash replacement twice, including all of the coding/key pairing and the only thing that wouldn't "take" was changing the odometer. They reached out to someone above them who said it couldn't be done, info which people on this and other forums already knew. Also makes sense as gauge clusters could fail and be replaced, although I suspect it's quite rare, but the last thing we (and VW) want is for people to be able to easily change the mileage on there cluster.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!

I’m interested. If you ever get to 8k-ish miles let me know! I do like 4k miles a year. So maybe you will catch up sometime soon.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
If the "convenience" of ordering your parts from 1 place instead of 2 is worth roughly $300 then ordering these parts from Eurozone make sense.

What's the alternative? Some guy on Ebay in Europe? Unless it's another vendor, located stateside, with a solid reputation for backing what he sells, saving $300 may or may not prove to be prudent. More than convenience at stake here.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Search the part number on Google and buy from your favorite vendor. Plenty of VW/Audi parts websites that are the online arm of VW service centers... I would not, and did not, pay more than $875 shipped brand new. I bought from VWpartsvortex.com but pick anywhere you want. These things aren't rare. The trim can be had for about $75. The MOST splitter/cable can be had for under twenty bucks on Amazon/eBay/etc.

A check of prices at my local dealer/service center (3 miles from my house, and where I had mine coded) still came out cheaper than EZT, though by less than $100. That being said, no shipping cost and if there were some issue they would resolve it because the part was bought through them.

You're not going to get support for items once component protection is removed from EZT (not that anything is wrong with that, common policy for electronics like this). The only thing you can really know about the cluster before having component protection removed is whether it is physically damaged and if it powers on. There's protection for this type of thing even on eBay (granted PayPal claims are admittedly a PITA). Besides convenience, why pay extra money? What else is at stake? Especially on a gauge cluster that has to be sourced new from Volkswagen anyway due to the odometer lockout.

This isn't like the different screen upgrades with multiple button options and several trim color options that have changed over time and are in some cases not available through US dealer networks (I'm specifically talking about something like 8" screen trim in the fake brushed aluminum for a Golf, which I had to order from Europe). I lucked out on an 8" screen used on eBay and would have ordered the trim from Eurozone tuning if they sold it alone. That was convenience I would have been more than happy to pay for instead of waiting 5 weeks for e-acca to source and ship from Latvia. There are only two trim color options for the AID and one part number. Buying a kit to upgrade the screen makes sense and I can understand paying for that convenience.

Given this is an enthusiast forum and it could be argued that we are all throwing away money modding our cars, I'm not willing to tell someone to spend more money unnecessarily. Unless they want to pay for convenience, which is their choice.