GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bottom Side molding coming off !

gs2online

Ready to race!
Hey guys my driver side black molding is coming off . The black molding that’s goes down the side of the car .

How can I fix it back to the car
I do t want it to get bad

Please help
I attached some photos

Thanks GS2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
You probably need to remove it to see what’s causing it to have become detached.

The last post in this thread describes how to remove it. Re-fitting procedure will be the reverse of removal.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40797&highlight=Side+skirt

I’m in the UK and my VW Polo GTI has the same design of black plastic sill extensions / side skirts to the mk7 Golf GTI, and I can confirm fitting and removal is exactly the same procedure as described by forum member White18 in the post at the link above.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, they're just slid into place. You remove one screw from the bottom (located center of the trim) and mallet it backwards. It's possible your trim jumped one of the 12 screws that it slides onto, or the screw got unscrewed a little which which you'll just tighten.

Putting it back onto the car, remove your rear wheel/tire off the car so you have enough clearance to mallet it forward into position. Then put the one screw back on.

I had to replace my entire piece on my GTI as it got chopped up from some bracket or something my car ran over on the expressway a while back. ShopDAP has them for the MK7 GTI and easy to replace.

gs2online

Ready to race!
Yeah, they're just slid into place. You remove one screw from the bottom (located center of the trim) and mallet it backwards. It's possible your trim jumped one of the 12 screws that it slides onto, or the screw got unscrewed a little which which you'll just tighten.

Putting it back onto the car, remove your rear wheel/tire off the car so you have enough clearance to mallet it forward into position. Then put the one screw back on.

I had to replace my entire piece on my GTI as it got chopped up from some bracket or something my car ran over on the expressway a while back. ShopDAP has them for the MK7 GTI and easy to replace.

Thanks I’ll take a look at it . I didn’t know it was screws under the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk