GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sat Nav

Fairley_46

I have a MK7 golf GTD, this morning i noticed it was telling me which direction i was travelling, i.e. north, east..... So i went onto to my maps and it said i needed to insert a medium.... checked my glove box and the memory card is not there, i know for sure that i have not removed this. I used the maps 2 days ago, my friend was in the passenger seat, having a general nosey he went in glove box, whilst i dont think he has took it, i cant be sure.

can someone tell me that if it was removed after start up, would the maps continue to work until the car was turned off, after i dropped him off, i used the navigation to get out of his estate.

I am baffled and its all i have thought about all morning, even phones VW and was quoted £115 for a new card.

Any opinions?

Regards

Andrew

ndinculescu

You don’t need to buy another original SD card. Use one of 15-32Gb and download the last version from the Volkswagen page. The maps are free. Only the Traffic costs.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Fairley_46

Thanks, i have just read on here that the discover pro does not use a SD card, this is what i have, do you know if this is correct or not?

Regards

Andrew

DP03

Ready to race!
Did not realize we can update our maps for free. Good to know.

Haboob

Passed Driver's Ed

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
If you have the big screen "pro" sat nav, you don't need a "VW" SD card.....it either downloads them direct of the internet (MIBII)..or you download on computer & then transfer to the car on any SD card..

Fairley_46

i have actually just went to the car park work and the maps loaded up, but no traffic info.

its baffling me as to why it was not working this morning but is now, maybe satellite problems or something.

I will have it on on my drive home for sure.

Thanks

Andrew

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
i have actually just went to the car park work and the maps loaded up, but no traffic info.

its baffling me as to why it was not working this morning but is now, maybe satellite problems or something.

I will have it on on my drive home for sure.

Thanks

Andrew

Can't say I've ever had it happen myself, but these systems do play up.

Also, remember that traffic data comes from the FM tuner (Classic FM if I recall) so if you have poor reception, the traffic data won't show up for a little while.

I would recommend updating the maps if you haven't already done so, just incase there's any corruption going on. Unlikely, but it won't hurt :)