GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Polishing exterior gloss plastic.

Jozh

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone have recommendations for hand polishing this plastic on the front bumper?

Navi

Autocross Champion
good luck.. that stuff is sensitive. If you look at it the wrong way, it will mar. I have used Meguiar's 105 followed by 205 with decent results. Then I tried Menzerna Compound, followed by Menzerna Finishing Polish with better results. Both of these regiments were way more than I thought would be necessary. Also Meguiar's PlastX is supposed to be pretty good but I didn't want to try that stuff with a rotary.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Very gently, patience, then more patience.

The only time I have witnessed it done was with a black chemical guys hexlogic pad, medium speed I believe, and with Sonax Perfect Finish. It's plastic, and contaminates a pad quickly, so don't use a brand new pad. Just a clean one.

This was on my 1,000 mile GTI with just swirls, no deep scratches from hands or rings. I have heard of the above method experiences as well, with multiple steps involved. Personally, I would be scared to use anything as mean as 105, that stuff is beastly lol.

Cjburn

Passed Driver's Ed
I polished my piano black b pillars with a medium polish on a Urofiber microfiber finishing pad. If you are going to try to hand polish it those pieces a light polish on a quality microfiber towel will take some work. You could also polish it with a Rupes Nano polisher also.