GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Gti, or used S4?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Yeah but is it beaten? I wouldn’t be caught dead in one of those new Kia’s or the Genesis or whatever Hyundai is calling it now. And I think the majority of people who care about what they drive would agree. I’ll take an older Audi or Merc long before either of those no matter how good the features are. The thing could have vertical takeoff and I would still be uninterested. All Hyundai and Kia have done is taken a old sedan chassis and slapped some cheap attention grabber features like “lane assist or cooled seats” for a bargain price. To people who don't care about what they drive simply don't care. They see the window sticker with all the blingy features and cheap price and they buy it. Any older German luxury sedan would be better looking, more sophisticated, and better engineered. To me seat cooling and CarPlay is hardly enough to make me drive one of those. There's a reason they're cheaper than their “competition".

My point was any regular Joe car of today may have better features than an older luxury brand car and would (and should) feel odd considering a luxury car is supposed to be focused on luxury with all sorts of bells and whistles. I mean another example I've seen, there are Bimmers out there from 2014 -2015 with no rear view camera, lane assist, etc. How silly is that driving a Bimmer in 2018 with no rear view camera.

That was the point of the post, just something to think about before pulling the trigger.

Scroteboi

A used car people drive vigorously known for high repair bills with no warranty that costs more than a brand new car with a 5 year warranty. If money is a concern at all the choice is pretty clear.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I’m not saying that if you have a car with CarPlay you’re not a car guy. At all. I’m simply saying I would take an older “nicer brand” car over something a new Kia or Hyundai with a few more features. For example if I had the choice between a Hyundai Veloster Turbo with cooled seats, CarPlay, and a heads up display vs a Mk6 GTI with none of these options I would take the Mk6 every time. The same goes for me between an older Audi and a new Hyundai or Kia with better features. However this is my personal preference and each is entitled to their own. Sorry for hijacking your thread OP.
Totally understand, and agree.