GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New mk7.5 GTD and a few questions!

JavaGreen94

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

Just got my ex demo GTD last week in Indium Grey, loving it so far!

Anyone know anything about hard wiring a dash cam? It's into my 12v and means I can't charge my phone unless I use the USB port which is slower! It's a next base one, is it safer to get a dealer to do it?

Secondly, I read the active info display had customisable menus. Does it just mean scrolling through phone, media nav etc or are they truly customisable?

Where do I access this? Can't seem to find it!

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi all,

Just got my ex demo GTD last week in Indium Grey, loving it so far!

Anyone know anything about hard wiring a dash cam? It's into my 12v and means I can't charge my phone unless I use the USB port which is slower! It's a next base one, is it safer to get a dealer to do it?

Secondly, I read the active info display had customisable menus. Does it just mean scrolling through phone, media nav etc or are they truly customisable?

Where do I access this? Can't seem to find it!

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Grab yourself the Nextbase hardwire kit and just use the piggyback fuse on your 12v socket fuse, but make sure it's in the switched live position - there's a decent ground to the left of the glovebox which you'll be able to see when it's dropped. Just run the cable out the left and up.

JBR1

Passed Driver's Ed
Perhaps not what you're looking for, but I've installed dash cams front and rear using only the 12V sockets (assuming you also have one in the boot.

Both work perfectly and are switched with ignition.

The only 'modification' I did was to pack the plugs (that came with the cameras) in the sockets to ensure they don't work loose.

Much easier than hard wiring!