GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dynablinks vs chinese aliexpress knockoffs

elad_sh

You are probably correct.

About the video showing fully-smoked lights or about the clears being better? or both :D ?

The more I think about it I feel that the "smokiness" is less important, i.e not so much more attractive than the clear ones. The majority opinion is that the clears are too plain looking and not sporty, but honestly stock signals are from clear plastics too, and I never had any problem with their colour, just wanted the dynamic turn signals.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
I installed the clear ones from ebay for about $60 over the weekend as well as the deAutoLED color changing footwell lights over the weekend. This thread convinced me to go this route. Here's a video of it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqBTFalBjzb/

The ones I got from ebay were:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynamic-Flowing-Wing-Mirror-Indicator-Repeater-Blinker-For-Golf7-GTI-R-Sportsvan/283005345833?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Fitment was perfect, simple plug and play. I followed the installation instructions on Deutsche Auto Parts YouTube page. The only problems I had was unclipping the stock mirror caps to gain access to the light. I even broke one of the plastic clips by pressing too hard with the screwdriver.

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
I just bought the clear ones from Ebay. Can anyone tell me what the wire is for that's on each blinker?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I just bought the clear ones from Ebay. Can anyone tell me what the wire is for that's on each blinker?
What wire?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI

I don't know what that wire does either. It worked just fine plugging in the harness, so I just tucked that wire away and forgot about it.

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Here is the wire I'm referring to. I translated the sticker in Chinese just now and it says Ground Light.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Here is the wire I'm referring to. I translated the sticker in Chinese just now and it says Ground Light. View attachment 24528

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
I keep getting an invalid attachment error

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Sorry, tried it from my phone and didnt notice it didnt properly upload.

Here it is: https://i.imgur.com/BvfNKaK.jpg

Strange. Mine (and I'm sure most others) definitely do not have wires like that. I guess it's an oddity in going aftermarket. My aftermarket ones from ebay were shaped just like the OEM signals, but the connectors weren't a direct fit...I had to use a blade to shave down several parts just to get the plugs into turn signals.

Do those turn signals have only 2 pins in the connector? Based on the translation you got, it almost sounds like that wire is necessary for the little LED light at the bottom of power folding mirrors to work, which typically require 3 pins.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI