GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Made the move 245-40-18

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!
So after review and reading crapload of post, I finally made a decision. There were couple people here that wanted me to post pictures of the setup and my thoughts.Â* So the car came with 235-35-19Â* 8.0 45 off. I went to 245-40-18 8.5 43 off. I live in IL, out roads are bad.Â* Wanted to find a setup that can last and also be light.Â* I went with kONIG Hypergram in bronze, 17 pounds. I couldn't be happier. The 40 series fills that gap just right. It's super meaty, was worried I wouldn’t like it. Though I’m super happy with this setup and I don’t plan on the lowering the car due to DCC..let me know if you have any questions, please see the picturesÂ*below.

Morning all,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
They look meaty. Liking the deeper inset rim of the wheels instead of a flat face.

I bought a 2018 R last week. I live in Chicago and already considering getting 18”s with 235/40 tires. Keep us posted how you like the new set up.

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!
With the Michelin super sports it's very nice....

Spoolin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Looks great! I've been searching 245/40/18 threads all morning on VWvortex then noticed your post right at the top over here.

I've been trying to find if anyone has had issues rubbing at stock height and other than 1 or 2 comments, it seems the answer is usually no. What's your experience been so far? I love the larger tread width of the PSS; if those don't rub I assume most other 245/40/18 tires wouldn't either.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Any rubbing issues? I'm due for tires and are looking at a wheel tire combo. I'm looking into the konig myths in red accents. The tires are the indy 500s in 245 40 18. My concerns are rubbing on fenders. I think they are an et45 offset. Definitely keep us posted especially if you are stock suspension setup. Looks great though!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Looks fine, and definitely more functional. Going beyond 18" is strictly for looks IMHO as the "+1" handling benefit gets lost at some point, and on this car I think 18 is where it stops.

I run the stock 18" rims on my Z4MC for the same reason. Lots of people "upgrade" to 19's but the ride is already brutal on all but the smoothest of roads.

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!
Looks great! I've been searching 245/40/18 threads all morning on VWvortex then noticed your post right at the top over here.

I've been trying to find if anyone has had issues rubbing at stock height and other than 1 or 2 comments, it seems the answer is usually no. What's your experience been so far? I love the larger tread width of the PSS; if those don't rub I assume most other 245/40/18 tires wouldn't either.

I would think with very aggressive driving, there might be some rubbing. I plan on doing the fender screw mod, once I figure how to do it lol.

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!
Car's looking good Mike! Fender screw mod is easy, come by some thurs and I'll help you with that. Takes 5 min or less.

I was planning on coming by Thursday regardless. Sounds good

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
That looks super nice, we have crap roads herre, lots of gravel roads too. I run 17" 245/45/17 as an 18 definitely wont cut it. I do have the factory 18" wheel on my 2018 GTI and I notice ride quality just isnt there, also seems like the suspension is working hard to control a very heavy combo. On my Alltrack I knocked 12.2 lbs a corner off with wheel and tire and another 7 lbs off front corners with Stoptech St40, major perceived difference.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Not digging it but love that you went outside the box.