GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Repair opinions

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
So the other place definitely will be more thorough. Removing the bumber and such to get to the sheet metal to straighten and fill what they need to.

Quote was $2,200. Which includes them painting basically the entire right side of the car to make sure its matched.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1stGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
I feel you on this one. Yesterday while washing the gti, I notice a huge rash on one of the wheel. I knew she did it and asked her. It didn't take long before she admit rashing the wheel on a turn. I have been driving the car for 11 months and everything still good as new. She took it for one day and already have wheel rash. The car would be shit if she keeps driving it, so she can no longer drive my car.

Anyways, hope everything goes as plan for you. Body repair always suck because it will not look the same anymore.

adam1991

Banned
I feel you on this one. Yesterday while washing the gti, I notice a huge rash on one of the wheel. I knew she did it and asked her. It didn't take long before she admit rashing the wheel on a turn. I have been driving the car for 11 months and everything still good as new. She took it for one day and already have wheel rash. The car would be shit if she keeps driving it, so she can no longer drive my car.

Good God. That sounds extreme.

It's just a thing.

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI

Anyways, hope everything goes as plan for you. Body repair always suck because it will not look the same anymore.
Ha yeah it sucks man. Still stings every time I look at it. I swear I said the same thing at first, but now I've calmed down a bit. I'll let her drive it, but she probably won't want to anymore lol

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
So the other place definitely will be more thorough. Removing the bumber and such to get to the sheet metal to straighten and fill what they need to.

Quote was $2,200. Which includes them painting basically the entire right side of the car to make sure its matched.

That sounds about right, man. I'm sorry. But at least you will get the consistency across the entire side of your car. Noted you have pure white and not the tri-coat (my Golf-R is white so I assumed yours was also the pearl looking at the warm colored white picture). It should turn out nice.

cb1111

Good God. That sounds extreme.

It's just a thing.
Right. Damage that a SO does shouldn't even be mentioned other than a passing "awww, looked what happened here, I wonder how that got there.". Shit happens. A wheel can be fixed or replaced.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Some states like Texas has no fault accident laws to where it won’t count against you if you weren’t at fault.

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Some states like Texas has no fault accident laws to where it won’t count against you if you weren’t at fault.

Hmm that would be nice. However, I am sure rates go up based on filing a claim instead of its considered at fault or not.

cb1111

Hmm that would be nice. However, I am sure rates go up based on filing a claim instead of its considered at fault or not.
This was an "at fault" accident as the accident could have been avoided by the driver. In any case, none of the states here are "no fault."

1stGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Right. Damage that a SO does shouldn't even be mentioned other than a passing "awww, looked what happened here, I wonder how that got there.". Shit happens. A wheel can be fixed or replaced.

There is no way I'm fixing the pos stock heavy wheels. It's a good excuse for me to get light weight wheels now lol. Honestly, my wife sucks at driving. Good thing she have a corolla to beat on.

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
There is no way I'm fixing the pos stock heavy wheels. It's a good excuse for me to get light weight wheels now lol. Honestly, my wife sucks at driving. Good thing she have a corolla to beat on.

Haha exactly, you have a perfect excuse and she really can't say much about it either

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Just got the updated repair estimate from my shop...$3,300. I decided to claim it since I don't want to be out of pocket for that and I don't think my rates will go up a ton since this is my first ever claim.

Sucks though since they said due to State Farm taking their time on the claims process, I will be without my car for another 2 weeks most likely :(

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
FWIW, I would also have them not replace the pin stripe, and maybe remove the pint stripe on the other side. What dealership is still putting pin stripes on cars?? o_O