GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on MK8?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There is zero chance that the Mk8 will be inferior to the 7. Some may complain about the styling or electronics but VW is not stupid. The next GTI has to be and will be better than the Civic S and the Veloster N. The suspension and handling will improve and the car will be faster.

There's no way that the next GTI will have more power than the Veloster N.

Vobs56

Ready to race!
I wish they would do something similar to the Alltrack Combi Concept. Like an Alltrack R (not just R-Line cosmetics)/poor man's RS6 Avant. Last I heard the RS6 Avant might be coming to the States? I would take that Alltrack in Nardo Grey over the MK8 GTI.

Last edited:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I wish they would do something similar to the Alltrack Combi Concept. Like an Alltrack R (not just R-Line cosmetics)/poor man's RS6 Avant.

Sadly, wishes from this side of the pond never gets fulfilled in most cases.

All we can do is dream!

Shook187

There is no way in hell that the mk7 will increase in value at all. The mk8 could be the second coming of the aztek and the mk7 would still continue it's consistent drop in value
I wouldn't say go up in value but definitely slow down in depreciation which I would say MK7.5 have already.... I was shocked how much I was offered for mine at a VW dealership

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I wouldn't say go up in value but definitely slow down in depreciation which I would say MK7.5 have already.... I was shocked how much I was offered for mine at a VW dealership

That's not value retention, it's desperation.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

I dont see any slow down in depreciation with MK7.5s. In fact, i am taking delivery of a brand new 2019 with $6700 off sticker this week.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
I've made that mistake before on a grand cherokee. I bought the last year model because I thought the newer model looked worse. Two years later and I regretted it, the new ones look grew on me and everyone in the forums had them and all these cool mods for them.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI

Gti are weird. Used ones go for what you can get a new one for but that's becuase they are already selling way below msrp. If you were buying a gti at msrp the gti would lose a ton of value, but because it loses a ton of value when it's brand new it holds value really well after the fact. Last year when i was looking you could do one of two things, get a brand new one for 23-28k or get a slightly used one for 1-1.5k less. The only gti for the mk7 that really lose a ton of cash was the 2015s