GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
For me 360 whp/360-380wtq dyno jet #s on a fwd daily driver street car would be plenty for me. I would imagine possible on a 92 oct custom tune via Maestro/Cobb on a standard Is38.

But I want reliability above anything else. Though all in all considering how many is38s are on the roads, probably a decent chance id be fine.

This new eqt turbo certainly seems rather interesting.
Where is ATP at? Like other platforms. Give us a bolt on garrett gtx2867/3071 for 2k

I echo your sentiments exactly.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
For me 360 whp/360-380wtq dyno jet #s on a fwd daily driver street car would be plenty for me. I would imagine possible on a 92 oct custom tune via Maestro/Cobb on a standard Is38.

But I want reliability above anything else. Though all in all considering how many is38s are on the roads, probably a decent chance id be fine.

This new eqt turbo certainly seems rather interesting.
Where is ATP at? Like other platforms. Give us a bolt on garrett gtx2867/3071 for 2k

I waited for ATP to come out with something for almost 2 years. They said they would release a gtx kit early last year but nothing. I couldn't wait any longer.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
I waited for ATP to come out with something for almost 2 years. They said they would release a gtx kit early last year but nothing. I couldn't wait any longer.
They don't know what they're missing either, can you imagine how many they would sell in that $2k cost range!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Travis9935

Ready to race!
I emailed...

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Eqt is a tomioka with slightly larger wheel and ported hotside.

Hey Matt so the tomioka has a 68mm compressor wheel while EQT is believed to be 71mm. So would that 3mm difference be what gives the EQT the 30-40whp advantage?

GoatPowder

Ready to race!
Hey Matt so the tomioka has a 68mm compressor wheel while EQT is believed to be 71mm. So would that 3mm difference be what gives the EQT the 30-40whp advantage?

Not Matt, but yes. A larger inducer wheel will shift the power band to the right at the expanse of torque down low, but ultimately allow for more flow up top.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Not Matt, but yes. A larger inducer wheel will shift the power band to the right at the expanse of torque down low, but ultimately allow for more flow up top.

That's what I figured but the tomioka and eqt spool very similarly from these initial dyno results. Also out spools DBV2 v1.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!

In this case there doesnt appear to be a shift. Similar spool with more top end. The turbine on the Tomioka looks different as well.

GoatPowder

Ready to race!
I really wish there was a way to quickly pull any attached documents to make comaprisons easier, or am I bad at computing?

I can't say conclusory without data but a larger inducer will always spool later excluding an extremely small exducer which most manufacturers are avoiding: At some point it comes down to tune, and no manufacturer trying to push a product will "under"-tune...

Last edited:

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
I really wish there was a way to quickly pull any attached documents to make comaprisons easier, or am I bad at computing?

I can't say conclusory without data but a larger inducer will always spool later excluding an extremely small exducer which most manufacturers are avoiding: At some point it comes down to tune, and no manufacturer trying to push a product will "under"-tune...

My thinking is that this is a reputable tuner (well known in the area) who tuned the Tomioka and DBV2 setups before this EQT turbo. He's going to be making a lot more money tuning over time than he likely will by selling these turbos. It doesnt make sense for him to handicap his own tunes before even seeing how this EQT performs. My car is the first install at his shop.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Ah oh....no....no....maybe....yes....yes....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
So the ATP turbo will be B.B. I hope and use a Garrett charger?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
ATP is taking their sweet ass time for sure. It’s crazy.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Welp the wife ripped me a new one for ordering a new turbo just a month after getting the tomioka so had to cancel my order on the EQT. Happy wife is happy life. LOL.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Welp the wife ripped me a new one for ordering a new turbo just a month after getting the tomioka so had to cancel my order on the EQT. Happy wife is happy life. LOL.
No wife happy life here![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]