GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Play Not Working

Tfalbs

Good Afternoon,
After 2 1/2 years my car is now not recognizing car play. I’ve searched help on Apple website, YouTube etc, no luck. Here’s what I’ve tried -

1) restarting my phone, hard reset on my phone, reset carrier settings, reset all settings.

2) checked Siri was on, checked restrictions, checked for most recent updates.

3) turned off/on car and plugged in, tried a different cable, hard reset the infotainment and even unplugged battery.

The strange thing is, when it gets plugged in it says “reading USB device”. I CAN select it as a USB device without Bluetooth on to play music. I want my car play back working correctly. Anyone find a fix?

UPDATE: Tried a friends iPhone using same iOS, and hers connected instantly. Will do a master reset and see what happens after backing up my data.

Last edited:

bbjwvr6

Passed Driver's Ed
Good Afternoon,
After 2 1/2 years my car is now not recognizing car play. I’ve searched help on Apple website, YouTube etc, no luck. Here’s what I’ve tried -

1) restarting my phone, hard reset on my phone, reset carrier settings, reset all settings.

2) checked Siri was on, checked restrictions, checked for most recent updates.

3) turned off/on car and plugged in, tried a different cable, hard reset the infotainment and even unplugged battery.

The strange thing is, when it gets plugged in it says “reading USB device”. I CAN select it as a USB device without Bluetooth on to play music. I want my car play back working correctly. Anyone find a fix?

UPDATE: Tried a friends iPhone using same iOS, and hers connected instantly. Will do a master reset and see what happens after backing up my data.

Did you try digging the lint out of your lightning port with a sewing needle?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, some lint came out - although that has not resolved the problem. I’ll keep waiting for the update.

You know, weird things happen with iPhones, and sub-circuits do go bad while the rest of the phone might work just fine. For example, my wife's phone has lost the ability to record audio, even though the voice mic works just fine for phone calls. No amount of wiping the OS or updating has fixed it. Could be that a separate mic has gone bad.

My point is, maybe there is a subcircuit involved in outputting screen data from the lightning port that's just gone kaput on your phone. It may be that no updates fix it.