GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Westchester County Mechanic Recommendations

sreisman

Hi Guys!

I'm brand new to the forum but have been driving my 2015 GTI Autobahn for about 2 years now. I love the car, but am recently over my CPO warranty. For the 2 years that I have owned the car I have been getting all of my services done via the dealership service center.

Since I am no longer under warranty, I am thinking about getting my services done at an independent shop to hopefully cut down on costs. I need to get my front brakes and rotors replaced, which Lash quoted me around $630. I wanted to reach out to you guys and see if you knew of a better place nearby to have this service done, and perhaps if you had a recommendation that I should upgrade the brakes to something better than the Original Equipment? It is my daily driver, and I'm not looking to track or anything--just the best value for my money.

Thanks so much for any help and advice you may have to offer :)

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Where in Westchester are you? I'm just north of you but actually tend to find more places in the NJ area. CasteSystems is just over the bridge in NJ, that's a good shop that only does VWs and his rates are very reasonable. There is a small group of people from Westchester on here that had a meet a few weeks ago, hopefully one of them will chime in with more options.

sreisman

I am right in Irvington so this actually looks like a good option that I will consider. Thank you very much!

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I am right in Irvington so this actually looks like a good option that I will consider. Thank you very much!

That's actually where the meet was, at GoSu, the owner is on here. Caste is a good option for you, only like 25 mins. He's also fine with you bringing parts. It's a small, tucked away shop, but I had positive experiences there.

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
That's actually where the meet was, at GoSu, the owner is on here. Caste is a good option for you, only like 25 mins. He's also fine with you bringing parts. It's a small, tucked away shop, but I had positive experiences there.

Hey Chris.

He is actually a customer of mine.
Thanks for the info.

Have you ever heard of Bill Amberg off RT 80 in NJ? I hear he is a VW expert.

Hope you’re doing well.
FYI. There is a Bear Mt Cruise coming up in May. If you’re interested, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlebberes

Call me, 914-356-0951, I can help you with anything you need. Worked and lived in westchester my whole life. I'll cut those prices in half.