GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 not for sale or use in CA

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
I was on ECS tunning and they say JB4 is not for sale or use in CA? Where do you guys get your JB4? Used on the forum?

Is it just a matter of taking it off for smog check? I bought my Golf new so I don’t have to worry about emissions for another 5 years.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I was on ECS tunning and they say JB4 is not for sale or use in CA? Where do you guys get your JB4? Used on the forum?

Is it just a matter of taking it off for smog check? I bought my Golf new so I don’t have to worry about emissions for another 5 years.

Buy used from forum or local fb groups. Or buy new from Black Forest Industries (they are, or at least were, willing to ship to CA b/c I got mine from them).

Take it off for smog and any time you go to a vw dealership.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

djoliverm

Super late to this post but for anybody else in California who might be reading, I ordered mine from USP Motorsports. You need to sign an electronic waiver which they send you automatically, but then they'll ship directly to you. I had previously ordered from UROTuning, but since they didn't have the unit in stock, I'd have to pay $20 to have them get the unit shipped from BMS in California to Florida, to then have them ship it back to me in California. Just check to see if the online shop has it in stock.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Yah and neither are hi capacity magazines......effing bureaucracy!

Grandfathered in for about all of mine along those lines. ;) Active Duty on federal orders on federal land, minor adjustment for AR-style to make it legal, and already had 30-round when the law lapsed so falls under that along with the million+ others ordered in that timeframe.