GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front PCV alternatives

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Although the front PCV works better than previous generations there still seems to be an issue with oil surges that it cant keep up with in more extreme driving situations. I was looking to replace mine as its happened to me a few times when heavy braking after being WOT.

So I see some options like the Spullen, VWR, CTS catch can kits out there that replace the PCV and the catch can itself could deal with the oil surges better that OEM PCV. But I was more looking for an simpler solution as I don't really want a catch can system but a PCV replacement designed to solve this issue.

I also see some people purchasing a PCV meant for another model part # 06K 103 495 BL. I have not heard enough feedback on this to make a jump to see if it actually solves the issue or even works correctly on my engine.

Maybe one of you knows of a solution that isnt a catch can?

vw671

Autocross Newbie
From what I've seen the updated OEM PCV does improve off of the older design. My problem is that it's ~$130. Due to this I decided to just purchasing an aftermarket replacement. If your running a stock turbo I think your fine with the updated OEM part. I'm Stage-3 so not apples to apples as my stock PCV start to fail with the bigger turbo on E48.

Last edited: