GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.8TSI vs 2.0TSI cam follower actuator

Bladean

Hello.

I have an EURO ibiza Cupra 1.8TSI, with IS38 turbo installed.
I tried to install the vaccum pump and 2.0 HPFP fuel pump of the 2.0tsi, physically it seems to fit, but doesn't work, no high pressure only 5 bar, maybe from the pump of the tank.
I know that some USA 1.8tsi users have success doing it, at this point i'm not sure if it can be an ecu problem or different size of the camshaft, or maybe different camshaft actuator. Looking the ETKA I see that USA 1.8TSI camshaft actuator, have reference 06K109311, while EURO 1.8TSI have reference 06L109311.
Does anyone know if these actuators can be different?

Thank you very much

fraydman

hi, I have 1.8 TSI. US. version and I have install is 38 turbo, I have remapped and it seams ok but on hi rpm I get EPC light on and misfire in all cylinder I think I need to swap the fuel pump system. I see you have similar problem please let me know if you find a solution.
thanks and good lack.

Bladean

Hello Sir.
How much boost do you have?
IS38 with oem fuel pump, its ok if you stay on 22-23 psi.
I never have epc light only fuel cuts (I tried to increase boost)
Do you have CVDS logs?
Do you have JB4 or custom tune?

fraydman

Hi, have you resolved the problem with the fuel pump, because I am on the same stage like you, planning to install vacuum pump and HPFP pump from 2.0 TSI on my 1.8 TSI us. version wondering if it s" going to work. I am very sorry to bother you but it seems I run out of options to get info on that subject and it driving me crazy. If you kindly share your experience with me it will be very helpful

Bladean

Hi, have you resolved the problem with the fuel pump, because I am on the same stage like you, planning to install vacuum pump and HPFP pump from 2.0 TSI on my 1.8 TSI us. version wondering if it s" going to work. I am very sorry to bother you but it seems I run out of options to get info on that subject and it driving me crazy. If you kindly share your experience with me it will be very helpful

Hi, I reinstalled the OEM fuel pump,

fraydman

Hi,
I just want to let you know that I succeed with swapping the vacuum and HPFP from GTI, plus I did the upgrade kit on the HPFP and works just fine