GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grand Turismo Injection

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
It's actually somewhat of a miracle I didn't get a ticket the first few months after getting my GTI. I saw another post somewhere saying it stands for "Getting Taped by Insurance" which seems more accurate since my premiums doubled from what it was with a 2015 Mazda6

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I got pulled over 5 miles down the road from the dealer when I bought mine last year and got 3 tickets, 6 points on my license :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
I got pulled over 5 miles down the road from the dealer when I bought mine last year and got 3 tickets, 6 points on my license :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, if you're going to do something, do it well! My first ticket ever was in my first GTI not a month after I bought it.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I mean i get it, if you are speeding you set yourself up to get a ticket.

But i have been pulled over for speeding when there are 5 other cars in the same group speeding, most of them going faster than me. This car gets singled out more often than not.

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
The GTI has definitely been one of the least of my conspicuous cars. Its silver, only exterior mods are wheels and blue bbk. I doubt the cops notice my burnt blue tips. I usually keep exhaust valves closed and I honestly don't drive like a douche or speed anymore. Hence, 0 cop attention/pull over in 3+ years of commuting. I even still have my dealer plates on in the rear. Don't rock a front plate at all. Funny thing is the only thing I worry about is my tint. Usually roll the window down in town when I see a po. *knock on wood

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
4 years of ownership and only a warning, so far so good (keeping my finger crossed)