GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear electric window upgrade

ChrisAdam

Hello everyone,
I have a VW Gold mk7 that unfortunately doesn’t have electric windows on the back.(I know 2014 car with manual operated windows).
I am posting here and I hope it’s the right place.
I found the electric motors on ebay but I have no idea of how to make them work.
I allready bought the door panels that have the window switch button.
Any help or advice is apreciated.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
You'll have to run the wiring back to the central electrics control module and then it should be a matter of telling the car computer via vcds/obd11/vcp that rear electric windows are installed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
You will need full wiring for each rear door, & new wiring for the front drivers door as you have to fit the duplicate rear switches in drivers door & wire from the switches in this drivers door to the drivers door controller...& you need wiring from the rear doors to the control module in the front of car.....

Mind you the rear doors piggy-back of the front doors controller modules...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Having a look at ERWIN..you need the new four switch panel for the drivers door (to have rear switches)...additional wires from the new panel to the drivers door control unit..& possibly a new door controller...

On the rear doors the wires from the switch goes to the motor then to the door coupling bellows....then to the front door controller unit...as the rear doors piggy back of the front doors controllers...you also need wiring from both front door controllers to the main onboard supply unit...

A bit more involved I have done wiring & retro fitted heated mirrors & electric windows to a MK3 Golf.....this is not so simple..in fact you don't need to get complete new looms just a couple of wires in some cases in others 4 new wires...