GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another PP brake pads w/less dust thread

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Rotors as well?

Actually no, I only have 14,000 miles on the car with no scoring or grooves. I'll just clean them up with a little sandpaper and brake cleaner.

8kGoodEnuff

Ready to race!
Actually no, I only have 14,000 miles on the car with no scoring or grooves. I'll just clean them up with a little sandpaper and brake cleaner.

FYI - Use garnet paper, not sand paper.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Well I just installed the TRW TPC1633 brake pads, everything went very well, fitment was perfect...heck they make the stock pads right :D So nothing really needs to be said there. I bought them on Amazon for $47 and were delivered on Sunday, yes, Sunday.
I simply popped off the old pads, cleaned everything up and yes, used garnet sanding paper to clean the disks, then installed the new pads and headed down the road.
The new pads came well packaged as seen in the attached photos. The bed-in process went well and the pads grabbed harder and harder as I went through the bed in procedure. I basically did 7 or 8 moderately firm 'stops' from 70 mph to about 20 mph, getting the pads up to temp to bed them and burn off any residual resins and release agents. I then drove about 15 miles gently not touching the brakes to cool everything down, then gently back home. Again, I was surprised by the grip for new pads after 5 or 6 stops, gives me hope they will be a great street pad.

I will update the group after a week or so as to how they bite and dust.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Nice! Look forward to hearing how they settle in.

I just placed my order for a set of Endless Premium Compound to use for daily driving, and I'll swap out to my MX72 for track days. They're special order from Japan and should be here in 4-5 weeks. What the hell happened to overnight parts from Japan!?!?

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Where are you guys ordering your brakes from? Any deals?

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Well I just installed the TRW TPC1633 brake pads, everything went very well, fitment was perfect...heck they make the stock pads right :D So nothing really needs to be said there. I bought them on Amazon for $47 and were delivered on Sunday, yes, Sunday.
I simply popped off the old pads, cleaned everything up and yes, used garnet sanding paper to clean the disks, then installed the new pads and headed down the road.
The new pads came well packaged as seen in the attached photos. The bed-in process went well and the pads grabbed harder and harder as I went through the bed in procedure. I basically did 7 or 8 moderately firm 'stops' from 70 mph to about 20 mph, getting the pads up to temp to bed them and burn off any residual resins and release agents. I then drove about 15 miles gently not touching the brakes to cool everything down, then gently back home. Again, I was surprised by the grip for new pads after 5 or 6 stops, gives me hope they will be a great street pad.

I will update the group after a week or so as to how they bite and dust.

Any updates? :D

Martyn R

Hi GolfRRRR
How are you getting on with the TRW Pads ?
I'm thinking of ordering some myself as I recently fitted some Power Stop

Carbon Ceramic pads but they didn't fit very well and were rattling in the calipers ! Have you had any noise from the TRW's and how do they perform ?

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Any updates? :D

They've been performing great, actually quite surprised by the amount of bite they have without being grabby and non-linear like the stock pads. Even my wife said "You must of put on your new brake pads because you keep braking late and hard at all the stops!"
I only have about 200 miles on them and haven't washed the car after the change, but I can say without a doubt they dust less...because if I still had the stockers on with all the hard braking I've been doing, there would be tons more dust.

So yes, very happy I did this change so far. Braking is smooth with a nice progressive bite, nice release, no noise and no clicking. The TPC1633 pads are street only pads and I am only discussing the attributes I have seen so far. They feel as good as stock or slightly better with no bad habits like grabbiness and dust the stock pads exhibit.
They have better bite than the other 2 pads I have experienced on other vehicles, Centric Ceramic and Wagner ThermoQuiets.

I am just not able to give a solid report on the dust, as I haven't started from clean yet...although they definitely dust less than stock.
So far color me impressed, I would say they are exactly like the TRW guy said, 'a slight step up from stock'. Not a huge jump in performance, but just a small step. Not bad for less than $50

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
They've been performing great, actually quite surprised by the amount of bite they have without being grabby and non-linear like the stock pads. Even my wife said "You must of put on your new brake pads because you keep braking late and hard at all the stops!"
I only have about 200 miles on them and haven't washed the car after the change, but I can say without a doubt they dust less...because if I still had the stockers on with all the hard braking I've been doing, there would be tons more dust.

So yes, very happy I did this change so far. Braking is smooth with a nice progressive bite, nice release, no noise and no clicking. The TPC1633 pads are street only pads and I am only discussing the attributes I have seen so far. They feel as good as stock or slightly better with no bad habits like grabbiness and dust the stock pads exhibit.
They have better bite than the other 2 pads I have experienced on other vehicles, Centric Ceramic and Wagner ThermoQuiets.

I am just not able to give a solid report on the dust, as I haven't started from clean yet...although they definitely dust less than stock.
So far color me impressed, I would say they are exactly like the TRW guy said, 'a slight step up from stock'. Not a huge jump in performance, but just a small step. Not bad for less than $50

Are the Centric Ceramics the same as the Stoptech Posi-quiet ceramics? If they are, how do you think they compare?

My local shop carries the Stoptech posi-quiet ceramics so I kinda want to give it a try...

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Are the Centric Ceramics the same as the Stoptech Posi-quiet ceramics? If they are, how do you think they compare?

My local shop carries the Stoptech posi-quiet ceramics so I kinda want to give it a try...

Give it a try and report back here. I really like the TRW's but I bet the iSweep 1500's which are about $150 are a touch better...or at least I would hope so.

So get them and let us know, I got the TRW's because...they make the stock pads and I read a great review about them on the MK7 Facebook group...and I'm happy I bought them.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Give it a try and report back here. I really like the TRW's but I bet the iSweep 1500's which are about $150 are a touch better...or at least I would hope so.

So get them and let us know, I got the TRW's because...they make the stock pads and I read a great review about them on the MK7 Facebook group...and I'm happy I bought them.

Yeah the iSweep 1500's look solid but also a bit too costly for what I'll be using them for. Daily traffic... not much chance to let it rip besides odd hours on the weekends.

Martyn R

Any more news on the dust or lack of it ?