Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
2017 Alltrack SEL with LP / DAP - DSG
39k miles
CPO

$OLD
Raleigh, NC

Have you ever wanted a car that could do it all? Quick, comfy, and roomy? This is the car for you. VW decided to shun the US and not offer us a Golf R variant, and I decided to create one on my own.

The Alltrack SEL is the top-of-the-line Golf Sportwagen in the US, and it offers quite a host of amenities such as: Navigation, Apple Car Play / Android Auto, heated sport seats, panoramic roof, keyless entry, automatic climate control, and the Fender audio system. If you opt for the LP / DAP package that this has, you get so much more. You get adaptive HID headlights, ACC, parking sensors, and the car can park itself!

The only thing lacking was power, and for me, it was way to tall. So I decided to do some modifications to make it more of my ultimate wagon vision for here in the US. What you get is basically a long-roof'd GTI Autobahn with AWD. This car is a wonderful daily driver, that can bring you up the mountains and carry your kids and dog while going 12s in the 1/4 mile.

Engine / Transmission
2017 GLI engine with 15k miles
IS20
Eurodyne Maestro with cable
TVS Stage 3 DSG tune
IE downpipe
Golf R injectors
Black Forest Industries Stage 1 Engine and transmission mounts
Single side exhaust with borla muffler

*DSG, Haldex, front and rear diff fluid changed at 25k miles*

Brakes / Suspension
GTI PP brakes front and rear
Eibach Pro-kit

Appearance
Golf R steering wheel (paddles in picture not included)
GTI gauge cluster
GTI carbon fauxber trim
Maxton rear spoiler extension
European TDI rear valance for single side exhaust

There are some other things I am forgetting. But, this car has been maintained and I wouldn't hesitate to drive this cross-country.

Clean title but lien through VW credit.
Not looking for trades.

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
This is a sweet car man... glws

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Thank you :)

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
bump.

Rich27

This is a awesome looking car. Something that I would be totally interested in if you were local.

About how much MPG do you get?
Do you do a motor swap?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I did the motor swap. MPG I honestly don’t know as I don’t fill it up and I use an E85 mix. I’d say in the 20s.

::::Maverick::::

Beautiful, looks like mine here in the UK.
Apart from the painted callipers I would like to do that.
I love these wheels.
Is it just a trick of the camera or are your interior dash and console panels different colours?
The climate control looks like silver with the others being the carbon fibre effect.
Maybe just my eye. Only had my Alltrack a couple of months so no mods yet.
Stereo will be the first thing I do.

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
What’s next?

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
Just curious, if you were going through the trouble of doing a 2.0 swap, why wouldn't you go with the 2.0 out of the A3 or GTI? Isn't it better than the one in the GLI?

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Just curious, if you were going through the trouble of doing a 2.0 swap, why wouldn't you go with the 2.0 out of the A3 or GTI? Isn't it better than the one in the GLI?

It's not as easy as just swapping in the engine and ecu from a GTI or I would have went that route. And they all have the same exact block, only different is GLi doesnt have VVTL on the exhaust cam like the GTI does.

This car still made 310/360 to the wheels with a 25 peak to 15 psi taper at 9* timing.

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the info. Does the 2.0 GLI require you swap the cluster, keys, body harness, etc? How about the engine harness and ECU/TCU, are you using the GLI's or the Alltrack's?

It's not as easy as just swapping in the engine and ecu from a GTI or I would have went that route. And they all have the same exact block, only different is GLi doesnt have VVTL on the exhaust cam like the GTI does.

This car still made 310/360 to the wheels with a 25 peak to 15 psi taper at 9* timing.

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
I found your thread and read it. Sounds great. How much power do you think the GLI 2.0 gives you over the 1.8 with FBO on a OEM IS38 on a ethanol mix with all else equal? Maybe 30whp?

Everything is from the Alltrack except the Engine.