GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB1 to MIB2 upgrade. Which version to use?

eugeTDI

New member here. Recently purchased a 2015 TDI S and it has MIB1 system. Been searching forums and google for upgrading to MIB2. I see lots of units available and there are several version of 3Q0035844, A and B. Is there a difference? I don’t need nav, just want to have a bigger screen. Apple play and backup camera. Thanks

eugeTDI

does it matter what screen I get with it? I like the 8 inch screen but would be ok with 6.5 as long as it works with the main unit.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The 8" and 6" are interchangeable, but the 6" uses the vent surround (trim) you already have. The 8" will require a new trim piece.

The 6-inch screens shouldn't be hard to find. So you could save some money there. I recently got lucky with a "parts only" 8 inch screen... But now I'm trying to get the trim piece in the brushed silver for the golf. I have a TDI S as well. I currently have the trim piece for the 8-inch screen on order from two places, haha. The the place I initially ordered from showed "processing" for 3 days before canceling my order saying it was not available.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

satel

Passed Driver's Ed
I have MIB1 ( 2015 ) and screen 6.5 Navi button
I bought the screen 8 ( 5G6 919 605 C ) no button navi has a button app

if I would buy mib2, would it work without problems?
thx