GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

erniecsays

i picked up a 2017 Sport for 25100 before tax and license in So Cal, 2.5% interest.

warranty didn't phase me much in comparison to the 2018, the front end refresh and new cockpit controls also didn't compel me to wait either.

picking this up to modify so i figure i did OK with the pricing.

BTW: I have a decent credit score (~750) and the finance guy offered 0% but with little off the MSRP, not sure if it was a load of BS or what but i'll be paying this off soon so i didn't think too much of it.

darkmag1k

ubermick

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
Amazing seeing the deals people are able to pull on the GTI - assumedly because it's a more widely available car, that VW looks to be trying to clear out ahead of the 2018 year.

It SEEMS that when it comes to the R, there are basically zero deals to be had. From what I've been reading on The Other Site™, it's basically pay MSRP (or in many cases above) and hope your model shows up. For example, from my preferred dealer - $500 refundable deposit to get on a waiting list, then it's MSRP and whatever standard financing VW is offering. Not even a break on destination charges or even some floor mats.

Last edited:

mad hatter

The dealer just accepted my offer and took a deposit, going in to sign the papers and make it official on Saturday. Considering the 0% financing, it's tough to say no to a new car! I live in Canada, so keep that in mind:

-A MK7 GTI is essentially my dream daily, so if I'm buying it, I want it to be exactly what I want. White or red, with DSG, and cloth interior.
-There is 1 Tornado Red with DSG left in the country, cloth interior; and there are 3 white cars, all with leather.
-the dealer started by playing the game with only giving me payments, not a price on the car. So I took it home and worked backwards, and found his "deal" was MSRP.

My offer:
$1000 off MSRP, Monster mats & trunk liner, and winter tires (installed on OEM wheels)

I think there was probably more discount left on the table, so I'm going to push for some easy add-ons (rust proofing, and maybe a free first service or something).

All in all, I'm looking forward to the car arriving - but it's probably 3 weeks out since it's gotta come from out of province.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
The dealer just accepted my offer and took a deposit, going in to sign the papers and make it official on Saturday. Considering the 0% financing, it's tough to say no to a new car! I live in Canada, so keep that in mind:

-A MK7 GTI is essentially my dream daily, so if I'm buying it, I want it to be exactly what I want. White or red, with DSG, and cloth interior.
-There is 1 Tornado Red with DSG left in the country, cloth interior; and there are 3 white cars, all with leather.
-the dealer started by playing the game with only giving me payments, not a price on the car. So I took it home and worked backwards, and found his "deal" was MSRP.

My offer:
$1000 off MSRP, Monster mats & trunk liner, and winter tires (installed on OEM wheels)

I think there was probably more discount left on the table, so I'm going to push for some easy add-ons (rust proofing, and maybe a free first service or something).

All in all, I'm looking forward to the car arriving - but it's probably 3 weeks out since it's gotta come from out of province.

I am not sure Canadian price but check out the below link (warranty section point 8) before you do rust proofing.
https://www.volkswagenplus.ca/en/faq

Flippy

Ready to race!

My offer:

With only one Tornado Red DSG left in the country the law of supply and demand is definitely not in your favor. Initially, $1k off MSRP doesn't strike me as a great deal as I was offered $6k off MSRP after 5 minutes of negotiating (which consisted of me sharing what I've learned from this thread in particular & bringing up the warranty on the 2018's). But there's also more stock where I'm at. Not a ton but more than one.

I hope you're able to get a little more thrown your way before it's all said and done. But at the end of the day, if you're happy and driving a new car, then you win.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
With only one Tornado Red DSG left in the country the law of supply and demand is definitely not in your favor. Initially, $1k off MSRP doesn't strike me as a great deal as I was offered $6k off MSRP after 5 minutes of negotiating (which consisted of me sharing what I've learned from this thread in particular & bringing up the warranty on the 2018's). But there's also more stock where I'm at. Not a ton but more than one.

I hope you're able to get a little more thrown your way before it's all said and done. But at the end of the day, if you're happy and driving a new car, then you win.

You have to remember he's in canada

mad hatter

I am not sure Canadian price but check out the below link (warranty section point 8) before you do rust proofing.
https://www.volkswagenplus.ca/en/faq
Thanks for the heads up. I'll see what they say? The rust proofing for me isn't so much the body, but its all the mechanical stuff underneath. They salt and brine our roads in the winter - it makes doing any suspension work a complete nightmare in just a couple years.

mopar22 said:
You have to remember he's in canada
This.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Thanks for the heads up. I'll see what they say? The rust proofing for me isn't so much the body, but its all the mechanical stuff underneath. They salt and brine our roads in the winter - it makes doing any suspension work a complete nightmare in just a couple years.

Corrosion tests by OEMs are pretty significant and that is the reason they offer 12 year / 200,000 km in Canada. If they notice any add ons, VW will try to find a reason not to honor the warranty.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Don't add third party rustproofing or paint protection. They are wastes of money and could void the warranty. A 12 year warranty is long enough.

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Amazing seeing the deals people are able to pull on the GTI - assumedly because it's a more widely available car, that VW looks to be trying to clear out ahead of the 2018 year.

It SEEMS that when it comes to the R, there are basically zero deals to be had. From what I've been reading on The Other Site™, it's basically pay MSRP (or in many cases above) and hope your model shows up. For example, from my preferred dealer - $500 refundable deposit to get on a waiting list, then it's MSRP and whatever standard financing VW is offering. Not even a break on destination charges or even some floor mats.

Not true, plenty of dealers selling the R for invoice, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. I got my R for $250 over invoice.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Not true, plenty of dealers selling the R for invoice, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. I got my R for $250 over invoice.

There are only 28 new R listed in cars.com in the whole country. Unless the dealer wants to get rid of 2017s, there are not great deals out there.