GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you could add one non-drivetrain/chassis feature to your GTI...

JasGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I’d want an F1 style row of LEDs that I could turn on. Really bright ones with selectable scaling that blink at the shift point.

I’m used to an old school Subaru boxer engine with an intake sound that goes from a gentle burble to a ferocious howl as it crests 4K RPM and everything starts tingling and vibrating. Makes it easier to stay in the civilized half of the rev band.

The GTI engine is so sublimely smooth, balanced, and quiet that if I have the windows down on a windy day or the stereo on... sometimes I won’t notice that I’ve been putting along at 4.5k RPM. I seriously wish it had some kind of LED SLI.

Or a flat four. :p

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
An OEM boost gauge that replaces the water temperature gauge. would be a much more effective use of that space imo. maybe you disagree.

also, i have a 2015. i am astounded that my car did not come with an aux plug-in. i dont even care about the useless proprietary MDI cable, or the 5.8 inch low res screen, or the lack of carplay. i just wish it had an aux plug. also a backup cam. 2015 S model woes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JasGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
An OEM boost gauge that replaces the water temperature gauge. would be a much more effective use of that space imo. maybe you disagree.

also, i have a 2015. i am astounded that my car did not come with an aux plug-in. i dont even care about the useless proprietary MDI cable, or the 5.8 inch low res screen, or the lack of carplay. i just wish it had an aux plug. also a backup cam. 2015 S model woes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I was going to do anything to the coolant temp gauge I’d add a second needle so oil temp didn’t take up a digital gauge.

The OEM boost gauge in my 7.5 SE is woeful. I wish it ran from negative through zero up to the peak boost. Too much math to use one where they set 14.7 equal to zero.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
If I was going to do anything to the coolant temp gauge I’d add a second needle so oil temp didn’t take up a digital gauge.

The OEM boost gauge in my 7.5 SE is woeful. I wish it ran from negative through zero up to the peak boost. Too much math to use one where they set 14.7 equal to zero.

Use BAR instead. When you see 1 bar on the gauge you are out of vacuum and at 0 PSI Boost. 2 BAR = 15 PSI.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
In maths you round up at/after .5 as it is an insignificant number :p . If you are worried about not seeing the exact amount of boost, don't worry about it. If something is wrong you will see much less boost, like 5 PSI +.

Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
An factory VW boost gauge would be kinda cool. I know other car manufacturers have them as an option. Picked up a P3...seems about as OEM as one might get.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
3 classic analog VDO gauges in the center console, with voltmeter, oil pressure, and oil temp

AudiSport4000

5cyl turbo
Sounds silly, but the submarine lights that were in my old Mk6 GTI. I miss having some soft light shine down on the shifter area at night. Also, backlighting for the switches near the sunroof control.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
MFD support for Android Auto/carplay to display navigation and music

Honda fit style rear seats which would mean fuel tank under the front seats. Would probably increase cargo room by 10-15 cuft