GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front/Rear Emblems for 2018 GTI

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
As far as I know, the 2018 front decal is different than versions past. It is covered over by a plastic piece. If you look at the new Klii badges, they are a one piece sticker that just sits on the plastic.

I realized this too late after I too bought a decal meant for a MK7.

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
The front is easy to just pop off with a small flat head, there are actual grooves if you look close enough. The rear emblem is almost impossible. You will most likely ruin your stock rear emblem when removing it (I did). You need to pop it open and there is a slit at the very bottom and just keep bending it off till it completely pops off.

izzulap

The inside piece is a little brighter than the original paint but I think a wash will help even them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
On the ones I ordered for my 16, there was instructions to glue the rear emblem in or use adhesive tape. Did yours come with instructions? I used a couple of dabs of silicon caulk so I could remove it easily later on

alnation1

Passed Driver's Ed
As far as I know, the 2018 front decal is different than versions past. It is covered over by a plastic piece. If you look at the new Klii badges, they are a one piece sticker that just sits on the plastic.

I realized this too late after I too bought a decal meant for a MK7.

Yes this is true, supposedly the front camera is housed behind it, I posted a pic above.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Yes this is true, supposedly the front camera is housed behind it, I posted a pic above.

It’s the radar sensor that’s used to support Front Assist, City Emergency Braking and Adaptive Cruise Control systems that’s housed behind the VW badge in the front grille. It was repositioned from its exposed position in the lower front grille on the mk7 to behind the VW grille badge on the mk7.5, presumably so it’s less susceptible to damage as it’s higher up and better protected.

The downside is that for anyone wanting to change the front VW badge, I don’t think it’s possible to do this on the mk7.5 Golf or stick anything over it. I dare say if you do, it’ll interfere with the systems supported by the radar sensor.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I can attest that covering the front emblem on 7.5s does not affect the radar sensor/front assist. I’ve been in contact with Klii about this and sent them some pictures. Interesting that they have a version out for 2018s now. A bit disappointed that they didn’t contact me to test it out but I’ll go take a peek there now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alnation1

Passed Driver's Ed
I can attest that covering the front emblem on 7.5s does not affect the radar sensor/front assist. I’ve been in contact with Klii about this and sent them some pictures. Interesting that they have a version out for 2018s now. A bit disappointed that they didn’t contact me to test it out but I’ll go take a peek there now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's just a sticker in that picture?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Yes.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

daytonablue

Picked up rear badge from eBay and the locking tabs were not as many nor as long as the stock badge. It also didn't feel as secure on there. After a week it fell off when closing the hatch. I put a couple of tiny drops of super glue on few of the tabs and it's rock solid now.

Used the klii inserts for white silver.

Attachments

• rsz_20180815_091820.jpg
    rsz_20180815_091820.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 1,919

BTE

Passed Driver's Ed
I gotta say, that is really clever on VW's part to integrate the sensor into the front emblem (along with integrating the latch and rear camera into the rear emblem). No other brand makes much of an effort to hide that sensor and it always sticks out like a sore thumb (even Mercedes...).