GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grinding Issues in Front Right

dan_gallo

My car is at 35K miles 2015 SE.

When i bought it used. The dealership said it needed a new bearing so I replaced it. But the noise around 50 to 70 mph was still there so i ordered a new bearing because i thought mine was faulty. However, ever since replacing the newest OEM bearing, the morning after was some terrible noise....as soon as i start to drive there is this loud metal on metal grinding noise no matter what speed I drive. Its a constant noise. If I break it slowly goes away. I have no idea what is causing this issue. Half Shaft, Bearing (i don't see how), CV Boot, brakes.

In addition, if i turn my wheel all the way to the right (to make a UTURN) there is this weird humming noise and then I hear clicking going in a circle.

Any suggestions would be awesome! I don't know if anyone has experienced replacing a bearing already at 30K miles. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
my guess is something is bad/wrong with the last install. I would jack up car and try turning by hand to see of you can isolate sound.

Blabbicc

I am having an issue with a grinding noise when I make left turns and really load up the right front wheel. I have had the car inspected and they haven't been able to locate the noise. I have found some other people with similar issues that say they resolved the grinding noise by replacing the motor and trans mounts. Apparently the OEM mounts are fluid filled and they leak out and it allows the engine to move around and cause what people interpret as a grinding noise.

I have no comment on the clicking sound. From what others are saying it seems like a CV.