GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ambient Light reftrofit

Point

Hey guys,

I've retrofitted a full highline leather interior into my Golf and now am going to wire in the ambient lights on the trim strip and door handle etc - I already have door control modules from a 7.5R for my folding mirrors so everything should be compatible. Anyone know what pins in the door module I need to connect to when connecting the ambient lighting?

I'm thinking the overall process will be very similar to retrofitting door warning lights in the sense ill need VW repair wires and the black clips for connecting into the plug on the door cards, then put those wires into the correct pin on the controller, followed by coding.

Thanks

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Here are the wiring build spec sheets for the door controllers & the wiring for the ambient lighting in the door.

Attachments

• Ambient door lighting.jpg
    Ambient door lighting.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 3,375
  • Golf-mk7-Door-Control-Module.jpg
    Golf-mk7-Door-Control-Module.jpg
    621 KB · Views: 3,322

Point

Thanks for that! I think I’ve underestimated how poor my electrical knowledge is.

From what I can tell the ambient strip lights plug into pin 16 on the 32 pin connector although I can’t figure where the door handle light is to be wired? Not where the earth connection is to go?

Has anyone got any further advice?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thanks for that! I think I’ve underestimated how poor my electrical knowledge is.

From what I can tell the ambient strip lights plug into pin 16 on the 32 pin connector although I can’t figure where the door handle light is to be wired? Not where the earth connection is to go?

the diagram clearly shows the door handle led as L219..with a brown earth & a blue positive...

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
When you do it, can you please post pics of the proccess? Maybe pics of the connectors also. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ridacx

the long ambient strip lights plug into pin 8 ( white wire ) not 16 and the handle led must bu plugged into pin 3 ( blue wire ) and the ground spliced with the brown wire pin 5
;)

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hey, where did you get the ambient light from? I can buy it off aliexpress tho im not sure how OEM it is.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
I want to do the manual installation of each lighting.
Does anyone know which pins are connected to these lighting on the door?

> Front field light
> ambient light
> Door exit light
> Inside Door handle light

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The controller block module in your door will not support it as its not a "highline" version, you will have to buy a new door controller...

& the pins outputs are in the second diagram I attached a few posts above..

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
[QUOTE = "golfdave, post: 7409625, membro: 124778"]
O módulo do bloco de controle em sua porta não o suporta, pois não é uma versão "highline", você terá que comprar um novo controlador de porta ...

& as saídas dos pinos estão no segundo diagrama que eu anexei alguns posts acima ..
[/CITAR]
Oi!
Eu consegui instalar door_exit_light e front_field_light.
Desejo instalar um led interno nas portas dianteiras: DRIVE DOOR> J386 - Número do hardware: 5Q0959393B e PASSENGER DOOR> J387 - Número do hardware: 5Q0959592B.
Existe alguma maneira de fazer isso e usar o MIB para ajustar o brilho dessa iluminação com uma conexão de pinos (para luz ambiente) do conector de 32 pinos?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
The controller block module in your door will not support it as its not a "highline" version, you will have to buy a new door controller...

& the pins outputs are in the second diagram I attached a few posts above..

Don't you also need a highline BCM as well for ambient lighting? The low line and mid line BCMs don't have the ambient leuchte channels 31-34.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
So the only way to add some ambient lighting is to turn on the glass switch?

I don't know what you mean "glass switch". To install ambient lighting, you need to upgrade a lot of the electronic modules in the car and will require VW to remove component protection. Not an easy task just to get ambient lighting, and expensive. From your list, the only thing that can be added inexpensively is the door exit light. It uses the existing door module. But you still need a VW programming tool like VCDS or OBDeleven to program the module to activate the light.