GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Failed Rear Demister

The demist on my 2014 Golf has failed. My first conclusion was to check the fuses but got completely lost when I discovered that the pictures and index's in the handbook are not exactly identical to the actual fuse holders in the car. Some help with identification would be appreciated.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
The demist on my 2014 Golf has failed. My first conclusion was to check the fuses but got completely lost when I discovered that the pictures and index's in the handbook are not exactly identical to the actual fuse holders in the car. Some help with identification would be appreciated.

Fuse 7 (10A) behind the glovebox is "Heater and air conditioning controls, heater control unit, climatronic control unit, air conditioning system control unit, selector lever, remote control receiver for auxillary coolant heater, heated rear window relay"

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Any other faults popped up? My demister stopped working a week before the battery suddenly died. Replaced the battery and the de mister worked as normal. Could be the car protecting the battery, worth a look.

Fuse 7 (10A) behind the glovebox is "Heater and air conditioning controls, heater control unit, climatronic control unit, air conditioning system control unit, selector lever, remote control receiver for auxillary coolant heater, heated rear window relay"

I have checked fuse F7 and it is ok and all other elements are working. Possibly the relay as I don't hear a click when I press the button. Problem-There is no clue in the handbook which relay to check. Incidentally the switch lights up when turning on.

Any other faults popped up? My demister stopped working a week before the battery suddenly died. Replaced the battery and the de mister worked as normal. Could be the car protecting the battery, worth a look.

The battery seems ok as the stop/start works normally. With a low battery this would not be the case.
Thanks for the input

Butcher67

Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT.
My rear window demister stopped working too. Checked fuses ok, checked relay 646 lower right in glove box below 30 amp fuse and was fuzzed cleaned off with sandpaper still no joy, replaced relay today and yeah working again £7.99 from fleabay 😄👍