GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dr. Colorchip or Scratchwizard or VW Touchup Pen or something else?

Wyclef

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, wondering how to deal with the following chip. Kinda bigger than a pencil eraser horizontally so not sure about Dr. Colorchip which seems more for standard rock chips, but then bigger than a scratch, so not sure how Scratchwizards putty filling method and connecting the paint dots would work... and then already had a small chip done with the VW Touchup pen but seemed like the color wasn't totally accurate, like the black pearl was missing the metal flakes or something, but maybe you are supposed to build it up with coats I don't know. Second door ding in 2 months. Ridiculous. Made it through the first one, will make it through this, just going to have to figure out how to deal with these things myself as best as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_9516.JPG
    IMG_9516.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 952

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I went with Dr. Colorchip to fill in some chips. I plan on layering it on a few times so it's level and will polish once it cures.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Have some similar chips on mine after winter driving and I think I'm going to give Dr. Colorchip a shot. No prior experience with it though so I can't comment how well it actually works. seems like it would be better than a paint pen though.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I used the VW pen and clear coat on my car. Came out shitty. Could very well be user error though.

Wyclef

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ve heard the pens aren’t all that great. Debating just getting the paint and clear and then mixing the two together or trying colorchip or scratch wizard.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Dr. Colorchip rocks.

I've used it on three cars before from three different manufactures and it always came out great.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Dr. Colorchip rocks.

I've used it on three cars before from three different manufactures and it always came out great.
This.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

robmarktoo

Ready to race!
I filled like 3 bad ones with Dr. Colorship on my Tornado red. They are still visible up really close but invisible from a foot or two away, still there after 2 years of driving and parking outside

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
I used the VW pen and clear coat on my car. Came out shitty. Could very well be user error though.

Same here. Touched up several small areas and none of them look good. I mean, they're the same color as the car now. But lumpy. :eek:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Same here. Touched up several small areas and none of them look good. I mean, they're the same color as the car now. But lumpy. :eek:
Same.. I just thought of it as sealant. I wish I knew of a better option before I did those touch ups.

damionrowe

Passed Driver's Ed
I've used the black touch-up pen and it came out great. I used toothpicks to dab the paint in (not the pen tip/brush). Used the pen brush to dab the clear coat on, wet sand the area to level with rest of paint then polish with a dual action polisher.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Does anyone know if the black pearl is a tri coat color and if any touchup I get won’t include the pearl?
I got comp kit fm dealer...two tubes one was the blk pearl the other a clear top coat. came out mediocore