GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mods you're wasting money on...

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
When I was a young guy I spent most of my money on cars, motorcycles and women......the rest I wasted. I’m 71 and wish I had some of that money back, sure was fun though!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
When I was a young guy I spent most of my money on cars, motorcycles and women......the rest I wasted. I’m 71 and wish I had some of that money back, sure was fun though!

I’ll never regret anything I did that was fun! Can’t take money with you, so the good times are always worth it!

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

Reminds me of the Bad Grandpa scene where he says

"If I had the money I’ve spent on poontang, you know what I’d do with it? Spend it on poontang!"

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Even if the turbo inlet only makes +5whp or so, that is still on-par with the cost/hp of a downpipe ($20-$30/hp). Total HP added doesn't really matter imo, it's more about cost/hp. Inlet and hose probably gets you 95% of the gains of a $500 intake for less than half the cost. Even a big turbo upgrade is close to $30/hp.

llibgrebnek

Ready to race!
I read that stick on ricer wings actually *do* something!!!

They add 15 lb of downforce...
...at idle. [emoji28]

*drops mic*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Did these over the past 2 months, never got around to posting pics. New BFI red shift knob, these plastic "covers" for the seat lever, and Fast cigarette lighter cover as well as infotainment buttons.

Before:

After:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Even if the turbo inlet only makes +5whp or so, that is still on-par with the cost/hp of a downpipe ($20-$30/hp). Total HP added doesn't really matter imo, it's more about cost/hp. Inlet and hose probably gets you 95% of the gains of a $500 intake for less than half the cost. Even a big turbo upgrade is close to $30/hp.

It all depends upon how much power you want to add. If a turbo inlet actually does make 5 more HP it isn't worth it by itself because you won't feel 5 HP.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Did these over the past 2 months, never got around to posting pics. New BFI red shift knob, these plastic "covers" for the seat lever, and Fast cigarette lighter cover as well as infotainment buttons.

Before:

After:

Do you consider that a mod that you wasted your money on?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’m glad this thread was helpful to thousands of people, but there’s probably twice as many who only read the title and not the original post.

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
Those seat leaver trim skins are quickly going to overtake the Skoda washer fluid cover that went OOS in the other thread, lol.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Didnt help me jake i got the itch to buy every cheap mod ... now im stuck needing a clutch an Intercooler n need lows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol see, shoulda got the big ticket mods before the marketing team stole the budget for bling.

Seriously though, this thread was wrote to help people weed out what’s just for show in favor of what’s gonna mean car lengths in a race.

This week I got dyno results from Hawaii where a base map stage 2 car picked up 64whp at redline with just an intercooler upgrade