GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Plus and dynamic tails

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
The HID is an option, but i prefer LED's instead.

For the taillights i don't want to mess with the wiring, for warranty purposes.
But on the other side my VW dealer refuses to install them because it's not possible they say.

The weird thing is, when i go on the official VW shop website and put in my license plate does it say that they fit and I can schedule an appointment.

I think the best is to make an appointment online and see what they say when i arrive at the dealership. This is my last hope other wise i need to do it my self instead.

At the dealership is also cheaper than buy the OE tails online with harnesses and shipping costs to The Netherlands.

Thanks for the help guys!

I think you're not quite understanding how the adapter harness works. It doesn't "mess" with the wiring - there's no pulling pins or anything like that. It plugs into the factory plugs between the lights and the factory wiring harness using factory plugs. Then coding is done to make use of the unused lighting channels in your BCM and also re-purpose some other channels to give you full factory functionality. This is all easily reversible and should not void your warranty.

And the dealer you went to doesn't know what they are talking about (or doesn't want to do the work). The retrofit kit "5G1052200C" that was mentioned will 100% work with your car and is absolutely possible as that is how VW designed the kit. The wires that it came with are meant to be run from the tails to the BCM under the dash. It is a lot of work and will cost $$$$ if you find a willing dealer that knows what they are doing to do this - which is why the adapter harnesses were made and 99% of people upgrading to dynamic tails use them instead.

It is very possible that your local dealer in Europe will sell the OE dynamic tails cheaper than E-Acca as they are optional and standard equipment from factory where you are. Here in North America, we don't have that available to us, so E-Acca or Cars245 is by far the cheapest way to get the OE dynamic tails. If you buy an Aliexpress replica dynamic tail, it will come with Mk7 plugs which are different than your Mk7.5 plugs. Make sure you buy the right harness.

Last edited:

Anothergenius

I think it is also more laziness of the dealer, i don't care what the price is.

I need this upgrade because on my other cars i have LED and HID to and it's much more comfort while driving.

Also have an appointment at the dealer next week, then I will confront them again that it is possible, and that it is also on the official VW website.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Just do the wiring yourself. It plugs into the factory wiring ends and jumpers wiring around. Can be completely removed if needed.

Anothergenius

Little update,

Today I was able to pick up my car at the VW dealer, because i needed a new windshield.

Once again i started about the dynamic tails, and said that it should be possible.
After much searching and explanation, I finally got my right.

They said that I had taught them something, so an appointment is scheduled and the tails will be installed.

Unfortunately still nothing for the headlights the full LEDs one, these are also not in their system.

Then just buy the Alixpress version? I don't know how good these are and what the light image/output is, someone have any experience with these headlights?

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/AKD-Auto-Styling-voor-VW-Golf-7-5-LED-Koplamp-2018-Nieuwe-Golf-7-Koplampen-DRL/32855010067.html?spm=a2g0z.search0604.3.54.6e0058f5KvyDIN&transAbTest=ae803_3&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_4_10065_10068_319_317_10696_10084_453_10083_454_10618_10304_10307_10820_10821_10301_537_536_10882_10843_10059_10884_10887_321_322_10103%2Csearchweb201603_53%2CppcSwitch_0&algo_pvid=4ff936d5-9b4d-4839-98ab-ec5fc3cbdab1&algo_expid=4ff936d5-9b4d-4839-98ab-ec5fc3cbdab1-8

Anothergenius

I installed the new headlights today, everything fits perfectly. Plug and play, the dynamic flashing lights are also very beautiful. Tonight I am going to adjust the headlights, Monday just to be sure i visit the VW dealer and 100% adjustment. I also have an appointment at the VW dealer for installing de dynamic tails! Thanks for all the help once again!

AaronNel

Hello,

Please keep an update about the dynamic tail light retrofit. I have the same OEM KIT 5G1052200C on my 7.5 Golf with standard LED taillights and I want to put the retrofit but I'm not quite sure how can I do this and where can I start so any advice will be great.

Thank you