GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DMV: Potential Great Deal on 2019 Rabbit DSG

mbonness

For those of you looking to purchase a Rabbit in the DC-Maryland-Virginia area (or willing to travel), I wanted to pass along an excellent offer I received this week on a 2019 Rabbit DSG: less than $28,000 OTD with Maryland taxes, title, and registration with no VW discounts. That works out to a sales price, inclusive of all dealer fees, destination/freight, etc., of less than $26,080. The dealership is Ourisman of Waldorf (Maryland), southeast of Washington, DC. They claimed they were willing to give me that price on either a Pure White or "black" unit. (Although the "black" unit was on their showroom floor, they explained; so they might have been mistakenly referring to a Urano Gray unit, seeing as that color can look very dark indoors.)

Ultimately, I passed on the offer and bought a 2019 S DSG with Driver Assistance Package at an even lower price from Sheehy in Springfield, Virginia. (The Rabbit offer, if legitimate, definitely represented a better discount; but many of the Rabbit upgrades aren't all that important to me; I dislike the gloss black wheels; I preferred some of the non-Rabbit colors; and I saved money purchasing the 2019 S DSG.). But maybe one of you would jump on this Rabbit offer.

Granted, every other dealer I sought competing offers from was very skeptical of this offer for the Rabbit. They all insisted it was too good to be true, too big of a loss for the dealer. And they predicted that, once I arrived in the showroom, the dealer with the Rabbit would add back all the various discounts I don't qualify for: Military, First Responder, College Grad, Auto Show Bonus, etc. They might be right. (Although one competing dealer acknowledged that, maybe, the guy with the Rabbit was desperate to kick-start lagging January sales and willing to take a loss.) But I don't know because I never visited the dealer with the Rabbit after getting two good offers on a 2019 S DSG with Driver Assistance Package from other dealers. All I can say is that I attempted to confirm the offer for the Rabbit, several times; and the dealer repeatedly insisted, over the phone and by email, that the price he was offering was total out-the-door with no VW discounts.

If you're looking for a Rabbit DSG, it seems worth exploring.

Last edited:

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I’ve talked to 5 or so dealers, and I got a 29k OTD, which at one point the salesperson said “we would have to renegotiate”, he never called back, or had any other sort of attempted contact. I got 29,386 OTD, in which I qualify for no discounts. Even so, no one else would match that price.

I am also skeptical of your deal. I’ve talked to them in the past and they were not that great in price. What often times they will do is claim that you wanted the 6 spd mt and then tack on that 1100 for DSG.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I went ahead with the above deal and will have the car shortly.

cb1111

The Waldorf dealership is a tiny little place that usually promises large but walks it back when you actually get there and get serious.