GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Quantim0

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
16 GTI and S3
That's the answer I was looking for. I'm guessing having an intercooler and downpipe will help the is38 even further. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Stage 2 vs is38 with ic and dp is no contest to the is38.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
Going to install tonight, has anyone actually installed plug D from the top? Looks pretty much impossible....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Going to install tonight, has anyone actually installed plug D from the top? Looks pretty much impossible....

A lot of us. Definitely needed a small flathead screwdriver to unlock the tab when I did mine.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Yea I looked at it some more and I can snake my arm in there.

My tip is to not try looking down while reaching for it. If you do that, you're giving up some valuable arm length b/c you can't lean your body/arm in as much.

Crackness1

Ready to race!
Question from something I noticed tonight...

I'm on the new firmware (6b), and I'm now noticing that my ECU PSI is reading just about the same as boost... I thought ECU PSI was what the ECU was seeing / requesting... Isn't this a bad thing? Or am I confusing things?

Previously the boost reading would slowly pull ahead of the ECU PSI reading... I'm setting my map to 0 in the mean time. I was going to post on the n54 forum but I figured I'd ask here first. (Also, I couldn't get past the anti spam question...)

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
My tip is to not try looking down while reaching for it. If you do that, you're giving up some valuable arm length b/c you can't lean your body/arm in as much.

That’s the way to do it, I would just lean over from the passenger side and do it by feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pirate

Ready to race!
Question from something I noticed tonight...

I'm on the new firmware (6b), and I'm now noticing that my ECU PSI is reading just about the same as boost... I thought ECU PSI was what the ECU was seeing / requesting... Isn't this a bad thing? Or am I confusing things?

Previously the boost reading would slowly pull ahead of the ECU PSI reading... I'm setting my map to 0 in the mean time. I was going to post on the n54 forum but I figured I'd ask here first. (Also, I couldn't get past the anti spam question...)
I believe "target" is what is requested. And ecu psi is stock boost.

Crackness1

Ready to race!
I believe "target" is what is requested. And ecu psi is stock boost.

Thanks for the response / clarification. I was thinking ecu psi is what the ECU saw, not what the ECU was requesting. Your explanation makes sense.

Ended up emailing George and got a response quick - South Florida weather (83 degrees at night, humidity in the high 70's low 80's) - ECU is just asking for more to make up for it. That combined with a very mild absolute map, and there you have it. He gave me some additive settings to replace it, so that will solve my issue. BMS support is seriously tops, big thumbs up to George.

Can't wait to get my Baun FMIC installed in just over a week!

Last edited:

Pirate

Ready to race!
Thanks for the response / clarification. I was thinking ecu psi is what the ECU saw, not what the ECU was requesting. Your explanation makes sense.

Ended up emailing George and got a response quick - South Florida weather (83 degrees at night, humidity in the high 70's low 80's) - ECU is just asking for more to make up for it. That combined with a very mild absolute map, and there you have it. He gave me some additive settings to replace it, so that will solve my issue. BMS support is seriously tops, big thumbs up to George.

Can't wait to get my Baun FMIC installed in just over a week!
No problem man! Glad I could help. Where in south florida are you? I'm in miami, fmic helped immensely.

Crackness1

Ready to race!
No problem man! Glad I could help. Where in south florida are you? I'm in miami, fmic helped immensely.

Good old Plantation. Hot as balls down here but can't think of anywhere else I'd rather live.

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
Back on topic, car seems to be running well on map 2 on this nice 70 degree day, need to locate a usb extension cord to run a log

Junkyardspecial

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking into a JB4 for my 2018 GTI 6MT. Im fully bolted so I would most likely jump to a "Stage 2" style tune. Is there any sort of coding or adjustment I can do to preserve the stock clutch inside the maps for the JB4?