GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto Folding Mirrors Install Tips

Ilir

Hello sir how are you ?
Sorry for disturbing but I have bought the same power folding mirrors and have coded them but only the right mirror is folding and in both mirrors the lights doesn’t work!
Because you have the stuff from AliExpress can you please give me any advice how to make them work ?
Thank you in advance !

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Hello sir how are you ?

Sorry for disturbing but I have bought the same power folding mirrors and have coded them but only the right mirror is folding and in both mirrors the lights doesn’t work!

Because you have the stuff from AliExpress can you please give me any advice how to make them work ?

Thank you in advance !

Are you sure you coded both driver's side and passenger's side mirrors?

Whose/Which instructions did you follow?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

steveaustin

Ready to race!
Hello sir how are you ?
Thank you in advance !

You need to code the Field Lights separately as installed/enabled on each door module. Look for that setting in OBDEleven. They don't just work without coding.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have these mirrors installed on my TDI, coded to fold/unfold on lock/unlock, puddle lights and mirror dip working. However, about 25% of the time when I lock the doors (with the FOB, no KESSY) the driver mirror begins to fold then stops. Weird thing is that if I hit unlock the mirror will fold all the way in (like it should have) then both mirrors will unfold together. Anybody else had this happen?

I thought maybe a faulty mirror/motor but if I select the mirrors to fold with the mirror adjustment knob both mirrors fold in every single time. I've folded/unfolded several times in my garage while listening closely for binding or a difference in the sound of the motors. Heck, I even timed the folding of each mirror a few times to see if there was an issue, no difference.

I have no problem using the knob, or hitting unlock then lock when the mirror doesn't fully fold but I'd like to get it working reliably.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk