GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Window Tint

YNOTKIM

For those of you pondering on tinting your GTi. Hope this photo helps. 35% front 20% rear. LLUMAR Ceramic tint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Looks good I just had my Golf tinted 50% front, 35% rear (legal limit in Wisconsin). I kind of wish I went with your rating though especially now that I see having a sunroof makes the front windows appear even lighter than they actually are.

Last edited:

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Thanks.
I recently found out in NY All tints are Illegal. LOL.

Time for more PBA cards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it all depends on the cops where you live. Around here people get away with having completely blacked out windows front and back.

YNOTKIM

Around my town I’m fine. As most of the cops know who I am.

But in NYC , they are constantly looking for any reason to issue tickets as it is such a revenue generator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AJK360

Passed Driver's Ed
I also went with 30% ceramic all around. I like this percentage because you can still see body shapes and seatbelts in the day time, but at night it looks closer to 20%.

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
When I got my llumar CTX done on all but the windshield (lightest tint they offer), I almost got the windshield done for the same exact reason of heat rejection. It’s the biggest window after all.

Instead I did a limo tint strip across the top of the windshield. It looks straight across from inside the car, and not that wide of a strip. I love it because unless it’s blaringly bright outside, I rarely wear sunglasses. When people get in the car they notice it right away and ask what’s with the tint, but the sight of it fades quickly.

About 2 months after avoiding the windshield tint, I had to replace the windshield, which was expensive since I opted for OEM glass, and losing that tint $$$ on the windshield would have made the sting even worse.

Still think about it from time to time, and avoid it because I know it’s only a matter of time before some debris tossed onto the windshield will make me replace the windshield again. I drive a road once a week full of trucks and there is always crap flying off of them.

Haboob

Passed Driver's Ed
I have to look and see if the paper work states what the dealer-installed tint is. I didn't want it, didn't pay for it either, but they left it on.

I'm thinking it's not anything ceramic, which is what I want to end up putting on (30% front, 15% the rest) mainly for the UVA/B rejection. I may wait a bit and not spend any money for the moment though.

Scober

Passed Driver's Ed
I had 50% on the windshield of my previous vehicle for 4 years and at night in rain, or well outside city limits at night it was too dark. Based on that, I believe 70%-80% to be ideal