GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Golf R AFR's

jedvwr

Hi all,

I've recently fitted a JB4 to my Golf R and adjusted some settings with the assistance of George @ BMS so I though't I'd take it for a dyno run and see what power its making.

I'll cut out most of the story, but we done a few power runs with JB4 maps. When I set the JB4 into bypass mode the company refused to do a dyno run on the car as the AFR's were too high (15:1 to 15.5:1). Map 0 is essentially the bypass mode on the JB4 which should be the car at it's stock settings.

This leads me on to my question, what should a stock AFR look like for the Mk7 Golf R? I know it will vary slightly between location and engine, for reference mine is a UK model from 2015. George @ BMS has told me these cars run anywhere from 15:1 standard and 14.5:1 under load.

Can anyone confirm this or provide any details of their own experiences?

Thanks
Jed

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
DI is completely different than port injection, as related to air fueling mixtures, generally di can be run much leaner without issues, things that would blow up a port injection only car, sounds like your dyno shop has very little experience with direct injected fueling. Which seems odd as you are in UK, maybe I’m missing something. You’d have both oem, here we generally add port injection for extra fueling under boost, I’m pretty sure your oem direct injection is primarily there for cold start emissions, mainly, under oem software and that an aftermarket tune would use them more under boost, not sure how a signal modifiers would be able to fire the port injection more as compared to rewriting the actual software. Anyway, I’m in for info out of curiosity even though I’m over the pond and it’s a little different when we add aftermarket port injection along with how we seem to tune it as compared to the oem version/conditions, here it’s just for performance on the aftermarket side of things.

Last edited:

jedvwr

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, based of what you've all provided and what I can find online I think this is fairly normal. As mentioned it does seem to be down to lack of experience with the dyno company. Safe to say that I won't be visiting them again :)

If anyone has any dyno information or graphs of a stock Golf R for comparison that would be appreciated, as this is the one thing I didn't receive from the dyno runs.

Thanks
Jed

TrinivdubOG

Go Kart Newbie
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, based of what you've all provided and what I can find online I think this is fairly normal. As mentioned it does seem to be down to lack of experience with the dyno company. Safe to say that I won't be visiting them again :)

If anyone has any dyno information or graphs of a stock Golf R for comparison that would be appreciated, as this is the one thing I didn't receive from the dyno runs.

Thanks
Jed

check out this link

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8922721-***MK7-Golf-R-Cobb-Accessport-Dyno-Tested***-(Available-Euro-Sport-Accessories)&p=108717753