GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock suspension & aftermarket wheels: Let's see em!

geebob

Ready to race!
@geebob how does that combination feel for you? I want the same setup for my Tornado Red version of your car.
Feels fine. You can go lighter many ways, but I doubt if you can get a sturdier wheel for the money and still be lighter than stock. That's why I got them (beside that I love the look) - worried about the short sidewalls the Germans seem to love. I have DCC with 24mm rear bar and a bunch of VCDS tweaks, and it handles fine for fwd. Cobb TC helps there, much less intrusive for road racing shenanigans, as opposed to dragging (probably works well for drag racing too, but would need some tweaking.)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
@Monkey Doc - got any more pics!?! I know those are Audi wheels but do you have the specs on them? Thanks!

@geebob how does that combination feel for you? I want the same setup for my Tornado Red version of your car.

Not very good at taking pics but here's a close up & different angle
Also, they are previous gen A4 S Line wheels 18x8 with 46 offset. About 26 lbs.
Wrapped in 245/40 Falken G4 AS tires. Touareg center caps

smgti15

Passed Driver's Ed
guys I live in Boston which has terrible roads, I'm riding the VWR sport springs and they are barely different than stock. After two days in them you literally don't notice the difference anymore. We all have our reasons for choosing to mod suspension or not, but if your reason is comfort I recommend vwr

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
guys I live in Boston which has terrible roads, I'm riding the VWR sport springs and they are barely different than stock. After two days in them you literally don't notice the difference anymore. We all have our reasons for choosing to mod suspension or not, but if your reason is comfort I recommend vwr
How long have you been on them? Stock dampers holding up?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Since this has been dug up from the dead, here is some Flow One F5 in gloss black. 18x9 et45 with 255/35r18 Indy 500s. Stock height due to needing the suspension travel With family.
20230128_170007.jpg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Screenshot_20230220-182715_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230220-182729_Gallery.jpg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Screenshot_20230220-182937_Gallery.jpg