GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB 2.5 8in glass retrofit

Uplinkpr0

I have been searching for a decent amount of time and have yet to find any info on swapping out the dinky 6.5in screen in my 16 R to the new glass screens in the 18. I know there is a kit from eurozone tuning but I managed to grab a screen for a good price and only need the bezel. Would anyone happen to know the proper part # for just the bezel for install?

MDLBC

Ready to race!
Part Number
5GM-819-728-F-QYI

I have a ‘17 but should be the same, however, does your MIB unit in the glovebox need to be replaced as well?

Last edited:

BlackGolfsMatter

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been searching for a decent amount of time and have yet to find any info on swapping out the dinky 6.5in screen in my 16 R to the new glass screens in the 18. I know there is a kit from eurozone tuning but I managed to grab a screen for a good price and only need the bezel. Would anyone happen to know the proper part # for just the bezel for install?

where did you get a screen for a good price?

Here is an install vid that may help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLHauYDpng0&list=PLqgR8jMypIk9i94oJp0xuRGkYHV9jzfRn&index=2&t=0s

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt

BlackGolfsMatter

Passed Driver's Ed
I got mine from eBay UK for $180 iirc. It was used and had some very minor blemishes on it. I also needed to buy the 7.5 dash bezel. I bought that online from a dealer in Texas. All in I think was around $300.

Not bad... Any extra cables required?

BlackGolfsMatter

Passed Driver's Ed
I got mine from eBay UK for $180 iirc. It was used and had some very minor blemishes on it. I also needed to buy the 7.5 dash bezel. I bought that online from a dealer in Texas. All in I think was around $300.

Are you able to share the dealer link from Texas? Thanks in advance

I just picked up a new/used screen from Germany

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Eurozone Tuning is the best source for complete retrofit kits IMHO.. bought my 8" MIB2 screen upgrade from him last year, superb service & support, and his prices have steadily fallen..

https://eurozonetuning.com/collections/vw-mk7-2015-navigation

As for choosing the new glass screen vs the original 8" screen from the Euro/Canada Discover Pro (that we never got here in the states), you might want to consider the latter. It's a matte finish screen and hard function buttons along the side, just like your original 6.5" setup. The newer one is a fingerprint & smudge magnet, and the function buttons are capacitive, not actual buttons.. and this setup also costs more. I'm very happy with the original matte screen upgrade. Obviously a matter of personal preference.