GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R - Resonator Delete

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
the exhaust cutting tool was something like $20. For me, it was worth it to have around but I like tools.

Definitely a big change in exhaust note in my car, both inside and outside. I wouldn't call it loud, like an aftermarket exhaust but it sounds like a nice exhaust you'd expect to come from the factory now. No droning. Got the whole thing done in under 20 minutes but I do have a 4 post lift at home, which helps.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Nice job on the resonator delete!

I too used a Schwaben (sp?) exhaust pipe cutter when I did mine. The delete sounds good (I used a S3 one from VW), but for me it was still a bit too mellow so got a Borla CBE later on.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
the exhaust cutting tool was something like $20. For me, it was worth it to have around but I like tools.

I broke the rental tool exhaust cutter. Where the chain attaches is just cheap stamped steel and it ripped. Had to finish the job off, very carefully, with a sawzall.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
I just can't justify the costs on a nice CBE, so this was my best and only option doing any mods on the exhaust

Yup, me too. Plus EQT told me that a CBE adds no power over stock, so spending the cash just for sound isn't worth it to me.