GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Goodbye to GTI in Europe?

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Yes they have because everyone is buying into this global warming climate change crap.

Hmm, if the majority of communities with, you know, scientists and a familiarity with scientific epistemology based on evidence are adopting a similar view of environmental phenomena, maybe, just maybe, that indicates a high degree of confidence that, yeah, something is indeed up and we need to do something about it?

Or, in simple terms, if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, damn good chance it's a fucking duck.

RebelGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes they have because everyone is buying into this global warming climate change crap.

This may be an unpopular opinion to have in a car forum but I do think the science behind climate change is solid. Regardless of what FOX News might have to say about that.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

:rolleyes:

Yeah, those scientists at Exxon dating back to the 80’s and the snowflakes at the Pentagon sure have been fooled. /s

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
back on topic......if the stopping GTI in Europe is true I predict it to be the end of the GTI. It's not like the USA buys enough to support it and not sure if Australia (AZ?) NZ, SA and some other countries but enough to.

didn't read article & skipped several posts in this thread.

RebelGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
back on topic......if the stopping GTI in Europe is true I predict it to be the end of the GTI. It's not like the USA buys enough to support it and not sure if Australia (AZ?) NZ, SA and some other countries but enough to.

didn't read article & skipped several posts in this thread.

They're only axing the non-PP version. Hardly a discontinuation.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Good lord you kids can't have anything without turning it into a political nonsense then resorting to name calling. I'm getting sick of having to come here because things get out of line. This is a freaking car forum.

Ban hammer is going to start swinging. You have all been warned - and if you are too dense to realize who I'm talking about on this thread, I'm probably talking to you.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
They're only axing the non-PP version. Hardly a discontinuation.

This.

As per the Autocar news article in the link posted by the OP; because the mk7 / mk7.5 is nearing the next of its model life (mk8 arrives next year), the decision to drop the non-performance GTI version of the Golf is driven by the high costs associated with getting the car certified under the new World Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP). The GTI Performance Pack model is not being axed.

The Autocar headline ‘VW Golf GTI axed........’ is intended as an attention grabber but shouldn’t be taken at face value.

In the UK, as a result of WLTP, the Golf R is getting a power reduction of 10 ps, and as part of 2019 model year changes, the 3 door version is being discontinued, as is the manual transmission; so 5 door DSG only with 300 ps for 2019 model year R.

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-germancars/golf-r-power-down-manual-gearbox-to-go/38314

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Good lord you kids can't have anything without turning it into a political nonsense then resorting to name calling. I'm getting sick of having to come here because things get out of line. This is a freaking car forum.

Ban hammer is going to start swinging. You have all been warned - and if you are too dense to realize who I'm talking about on this thread, I'm probably talking to you.

Certainly fair enough. I gotta say, though, that when the topic of discussion is the impact of legislation on availability of certain cars, that's an inherently political discussion. You can't separate politics from it, really, though you can certainly expect a modicum of decorum.

Joverclock

Passed Driver's Ed
Certainly fair enough. I gotta say, though, that when the topic of discussion is the impact of legislation on availability of certain cars, that's an inherently political discussion. You can't separate politics from it, really, though you can certainly expect a modicum of decorum.

this!!

Add more fish to a fish tank and decrease the size of the filter. What happens to it. To be super simple about it.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
It’s not politics, it’s science.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

so you think it's bullshit? you think that the same science, the same understanding of physics and chemistry, that is responsible for bringing the cars we drive to life, is wrong about global warming/climate change being caused by greenhouse gas emissions? you're a joker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk