GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Westchester County

Knight Rider

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all,

New member here (first post, actually). I’ve been reading the forum for a few months now, and it’s been a lot of help!
I drive a 2016 GTI S - super fun car! It is my first GTI and I’ve had it for almost a year (I still look back at it when I park ;)).

I’ve done only cosmetics mods to the car, as i drive my kids daily. I’m looking to go stage 1, new intake, new set of wheels in the future...very conservative as I don’t need lots and lots of power, but I wouldn’t mind making it a little bit louder (it is a family car in the end).

Having said this, I’m new to the Westchester County area and looking for fellow VW owners. If you need a hand with a mod that requires two people, talk about your new toys, or just meet up in general, hit me up!!

I’m also interested in attending car meets to admire your rides and get some ideas for mine in the future.

cheers!

Knight Rider

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, hello stronggside!

Previous owner had debadged the car (he missed a side fender that Ironically just realized it’s missing a few days ago). So, I added a MKVII badge (I know some people are against it, but I like it).

I have a dash cam, dyno blinkers, monster mats, some OBDII tweeks like urban joke lights, five lights break, seatbelt chime off, automatic lights...I think that’s it. I’ve order a new set of matte black logos that I’ll put on as soon as they arrive. Oh, I bought a set of winter wheels 16”

No headlights yet! I really like the Golf 2019 headlights - I’m keeping the oem taillights as I like them better than the European led ones.

What do you have going on?

Knight Rider

Passed Driver's Ed
Here are pics of my ride:

Let’s see if they come through.

Last edited:

Navi

Autocross Champion

Knight Rider

Passed Driver's Ed
Come to the meet Saturday morning:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...et-up-June-17-10-am&p=113028679#post113028679

oh wow, just realized it's a 2 door. I always get jealous when I see those. And I ran the same wheels last winter.. miss them. Good choice.

Thanks, man! I Iike the wheels too, makes my ride way smoother.

2 door is great, but a pain in the arse getting two kids in and out every day, ha!

I was just at the vwvortex forum and saw the meet, lol. Unfortunately I can’t make it this Saturday, but I’ll keep an eye out for future meets.

If anything changes on Saturday I’ll let you know, otherwise see you on the next one.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I'm super close to you and in white plains frequently. I do a fair amount of garage days in Greenwich. Shoot me a message if you want to meet up sometime.

Stronggside

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, hello stronggside!

Previous owner had debadged the car (he missed a side fender that Ironically just realized it’s missing a few days ago). So, I added a MKVII badge (I know some people are against it, but I like it).

I have a dash cam, dyno blinkers, monster mats, some OBDII tweeks like urban joke lights, five lights break, seatbelt chime off, automatic lights...I think that’s it. I’ve order a new set of matte black logos that I’ll put on as soon as they arrive. Oh, I bought a set of winter wheels 16”

No headlights yet! I really like the Golf 2019 headlights - I’m keeping the oem taillights as I like them better than the European led ones.

What do you have going on?

Sweet. Mine is bone stock atm. Planning on purchasing a dp and tune soon. Just enjoying stock for a bit, kinda boring.

Do you have your own OBD11? I'd love some of those tweaks for my car.

My goals for this car are...Eds Headlights, Turboback exhaust and a stage 2 tune. I love the Euro tails too..

Knight Rider

Passed Driver's Ed
Sweet. Mine is bone stock atm. Planning on purchasing a dp and tune soon. Just enjoying stock for a bit, kinda boring.

My goals for this car are...Eds Headlights, Turboback exhaust and a stage 2 tune. I love the Euro tails too..

You can say mine is stock, as well. I was looking at some videos about stage 1 tunes on YouTube and I think that’s my best option. Going stage 2 is an investment that I can’t afford at the moment.

As I’ve said previously, I don’t need a ton of ponies because I have my kids in the car 95% of the time.

I don’t have OBD11, the previous owner did those mods (saved me a few bucks, ha).

Are you going to the meet tomorrow? Also, have you read navidralr’s post about his car? It is insane! Check it out to get some inspiration and ideas.

Hey, whenever you start doing work on your car let me know, I’d love to help. I can live precariously through someone else’s car, hahaha.
I’ve watched so many freaking YouTube videos (more than I’d like to admit) about people changing parts and making their rides all nice that I feel I need to do something as well.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI

I have an OBDELEVEN and not too far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the forum! Would have been great to see another 2-door at the meet up this morning. Hope to see you around.

Last edited:

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
That turnout was pretty good, there were almost 15 cars there I think. Pretty impressive given the temperature.

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Hey Knight Rider! I used to live in White Plains (E Post Rd), moved to Stamford last spring. What did you drive before the GTI?