GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI - '18 CPO vs '18 New vs '19 New??

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Yep, I know they pay to have the car certified. But I've had other dealers (Audi) remove the CPO before. Don't know whether VW allows that or not but dealer says no.

As for the "S" I want the fully adjustable power seats in the Autobahn - I'm old and my back appreciates the AB seats. I also like parking sensors because I squeeze into lots of city spaces.

I have scoliosis, so I understand the back part. There are plenty of AB 2018s still left (or the last time I looked) There’s a place local to me that has one left but it’s a MT, however, it’s been there for likely 6 months, so it might be worth asking about, depending on your location.

Rockstar08

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the input. My take on a couple of the issues raised:

1. I agree that CPO is worth very little to me given the 6 year warranty and my 2 year time frame - maybe it gives protection against buying a used car with ECU mods that might get TD1 flagged but I've seen stories going both ways.

2. Dealer refuses to remove CPO, claims he already paid VW for it and can't reverse it

3. I'm a bit surprised nobody mentioned the new 7 speed DSG in 2019 as a value-add over the 2018. That - plus the slower depreciation hit on new 2019 vs new 2018 - has me leaning to 2019 if I go new. But then I see that 6K spread between 2019 and 2018 CPO and I'm back to where I started!!

Anyway, thanks for helping me kick it around. Also, any one bothered by the tiny windshield chip - very much on the surface with literally no cracking, thought it was dirt until I was able to feel it with my fingernail - but still surprised to see it on a CPO?

Since you are getting the DSG the 2019 has the better 7 speed DSG versus the 2018 has the 6 speed DSG. VW finally after all these years put the better DSG in it, for that reason alone is why I am looking for a 2019 model also!! Like other have said the CPO warranty is completely worthless to you since you will sell it long before the bumper to bumper warranty expires so if you want an 18 model there are tons available cheaper without CPO find another dealer.