GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High rev followed by loud exhaust afterwards

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
So I’ve got an APR downpipe connected to my AWE Track catback. It has been on the car for about 8k. The other day I revved up really high for fun and I noticed my exhaust got much louder. It has been louder ever since. My suspicion is that the connecting piece from the Downpipe to the Catback came loose, slid back a little and that’s why it’s loud? No CEL’s yet.

Let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Sounds like a likely culprit, it also wouldn’t cause a CEL so you’d have to get under the car to confirm

That’s what I was thinking, unfortunately my car is low on coilovers so that kind of makes it difficult to do. I’m thinking about going to the local European tuning shop and just asking them to check that piece out for me while remaining hopeful they don’t charge an arm and a leg.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
I would assume your exhaust shifted. Wheel hop engine loading up etc can cause it to clip in one of those band clamps. Should be a quick painless fix.

Awesome, I appreciate it you guys. I’m going there now to find out about it.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Yep, I had one particularly temperamental clamp keep sliding off on my golf as well. Not a difficult fix at all.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Just spoke with a guy and he said they should be able to fix it if it’s quick for free.