GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: Mk7 GTI splash shield (plastic) or ECS Street Shield (buyer located in central TX)

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
Just like it says in the title. My GTI never came with a true splash shield. I am experimenting with some aero mods and want to smooth out the underside of the car before my next track day 4/10.

I can get an OE VW one for ~$110 w/hardware, may or may not be as much coverage under the car as I want and need.

Aftermarket for ~$65 + hardware. See link at right: eBay gamble - VW splash shield

Or the ECS Street Shield for $308 (out of budget, and yes, I already know the pros and cons of this design. It would still be great for mine)

Hoping someone in the southern states has something good to sell in the next few days. DM me ASAP. I'm motivated.

Thanks in advance!

Photo credit below: StealthGTI

1711299095536.png

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
Crickets…none of you have a piece of plastic or aluminum to sell me? 😉

Weekly bump. Going by VW today to look at their OE offering.

Wish there was an Alltrack plate available for $300 or less… 🥺😩

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Trying looking for the undergrad from the e-golf. It's a good middle point between the full alltrack belly pan and the basically nothing the GTI gets.

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
Trying looking for the undergrad from the e-golf. It's a good middle point between the full alltrack belly pan and the basically nothing the GTI gets.
Thank you friend! Never knew about any of the e-Golf parts specifically. Looking into it right meow... 🍻 ✌️

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Same one I have on my car. You will need 3 more bolts which unfortunately I don't know the size of off-hand since they came with the one I bought. The rest are the same T25 screws that hold your current under-tray in place.

Maybe @Nappy216 remembers?

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
Same one I have on my car. You will need 3 more bolts which unfortunately I don't know the size of off-hand since they came with the one I bought. The rest are the same T25 screws that hold your current under-tray in place.

Maybe @Nappy216 remembers?
Rear bolts are a M8x1.25 x ~20-25mm

I recommend stainless grade 10.9s with hex heads since Torx are a PITD, especially if the internal start ever rounds out for any reason.

All other screws and receiver hardware can be purchased From VW for about $30, or $10 from China via “Spamazon.”

😎

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG